• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Help Please...

Flea21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
NE Illinois
Ok here's the scoop...

My brother has done alot for me over the years and more so lately and he has a birthday coming up. He has expressed interest in a 30-06 bolt action rifle for deer hunting one time over a few beers.

He has shot my 5R Milspec which I upgraded to a DBM and my 700P .338LM and loves em both. Granted theyre both upgraded as far as you could go. But he did want something with a DBM setup.

I think it would be a great gift if I could find him a Remington 700 with a bull barrel like my 5R Milspec and DBM like my 700P .338LM as well.

Does Remington make what im looking for (Bull Barrel and DBM like my 700P) right out the box? If so, please let me knkw which models or send me a link please. Thank You.

You're basically describing a Savage 10 FCP-SR

Remington doesnt really offer what you're describing from factory as I have seen.
You would need to find something used that has the bottom metal/DBM and a bull barrel
Or buy something like a AAC-SD and upgrade it.

Ok.. then i guess i gotta find the parts to make it so.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Another option would be a 700 varmint in 308. Doesn't give up much of anything to the 30-06 especially for deer hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He already has a 308 thats why 30-06 seems to be what he would want. Plus i have every caliber in between that he would ever want to borrow.. 338LM & 50BMG

I was just thinking about the new 700 long range because it comes in 30-06 and you had mentioned that.
I was thinking .308 for some reason when i said AAC-SD.

Yea.. I didnt know they made that. Ive been outa tune with whats been coming out since i got my 338LM. I dont wanna know so im not tempted to buy more stuff. But now thanx to yall being in the loop for me, that thing is on my radar. Anything else or is that gonna be the one? And also, anyone know the the best deal on one right now?

700 long range .30-06 and a DBM would be the perfect choice! PT&G bottom metal and AI mag or go with Wyatt's for no inlet work and single stack mag.

700 long range .30-06 and a DBM would be the perfect choice! PT&G bottom metal and AI mag or go with Wyatt's for no inlet work and single stack mag.

Where can i get one of these rifles?

You're going to have trouble finding most new 700's right now due to the trigger recall

Ive got a coupl weeks till his bday and an ffl standing by to dp the transfer.

700 SPS long range is tough to find since Rem canned the model. If you find one on the classifieds, jump on it.

Another great option (if you're feeling generous) would be to find a hunting season special SPS long action with the bolt face for .30-06 and have a havy barrel put on in place of lightweight hunting barrel.

700 SPS long range is tough to find since Rem canned the model. If you find one on the classifieds, jump on it.

Another great option (if you're feeling generous) would be to find a hunting season special SPS long action with the bolt face for .30-06 and have a havy barrel put on in place of lightweight hunting barrel.

Ok.. how do i do that? Anything oit there?

So does anyone have this Rem700 Long Range for sale?

Gonna be tough to find one! I would really suggest looking over the used rifle racks at your local guns shops to find a long action 700 with floorplate to customize. Talk to your gunsmith and see if he has any .30 cal barrels in stock with a 1-10 to 1-12 twist or any deals for a barrel of that spec to put on your used R700 long action. For the stock, look online at the thousands of options for a R700 long action but make sure to get the proper barrel channel (having your smith install a Rem Varmint contour/sendero barrel will help). A used HS precision takeoff from a Sendero rifle sells for around $300 on here and is a great stock.

Hope this helps!