• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Improvements

WVU

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Fairmont, West Virginia
I'd like to hear some recommendations/suggestions from others.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Situation:</span>
New Remington 700 SFII 300RUM (Factory Set-Up).
Ken Ferrel 20moa base and Rings
Sightron SIII SS 6-24x50 LRMOA

<span style="font-weight: bold">Question:</span>
Should anything be done to this rifle in order to improve its accuracy to the fullest potential? If so, what would be your recommendation(s).

<span style="font-style: italic">I'm already looking to add a Jewell Trigger and Muzzle Brake (exact brand undecided).</span>

Thanks for the insight!

Re: Remington 700 Improvements

Trigger and brake will do nothing for accuracy other than aiding you in being more consistant. But I beleive both are good investments.

Anyways short of rebarreling and blueprint the action restocking with a quality synthetic stock bedded correctly is a good way to improve accuracy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trigger and brake will do nothing for accuracy other than aiding you in being more consistant. But I beleive both are good investments.

Anyways short of rebarreling<span style="color: #FF0000"> something besides 300RUM</span> and blueprint the action restocking with a quality synthetic stock bedded correctly is a good way to improve accuracy. </div></div>

+1

Im in the same boat on a very similar build. Look at recoil lugs. And spend a little time on cs tubbs website. Whatever you are going to do research it yourself and make your own conclusions as to if it is really going to help or are you trying to "make water wetter ".

Best bang for your buck is to bed it and tune the trigger yourself. Be sure the barrel is floated as well. Then the money starts flowing.

Recoil lug I would agree with but now you need a gunsmith so may as well set the shoulder back and recut and polish the chamber to match spec.

I see that upgrade causing a snowball effect and being a wiser investment later on like when replacing the barrel.

Have you shot it as is? May need nothing.
I just got back from the range with a buddy who had that exact rifle. With factory ammo he was getting groups around 1.5" at 200 yards, 5 shots. Hard to beat that, and he hasn't even started working up a load.
I shot the beast and it was punishing for sure. After 5 rounds off a bipod and rear bag I was done! If it were mine I would get a muzzle brake.

Reloading your own ammo to get the best load for it.

good glass and worked trigger load development (reloading) and trigger time trigger time trigger time, and when you can cover your shots at 100 yards with your thumb, trigger time trigger time trigger time. then go long for wind adjust then guess what........... trigger time trigger time trigger time. i hae a 300 win mag 770 i can out shoot most people at the range becouse i do my part, the gun will do hers.

any one will tell you if you drive up to the party with a corvette dont mean you can drive her in the curves.

respectfully

although i don't shoot with a muzzle brake i don't see the harm in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trigger and brake will do nothing for accuracy other than aiding you in being more consistant. But I beleive both are good investments.

Anyways short of rebarreling<span style="color: #FF0000"> something besides 300RUM</span> and blueprint the action restocking with a quality synthetic stock bedded correctly is a good way to improve accuracy. </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+2