• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 ltr

Ryan Gray

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2010
San Clemente, CA
Went up to the local gun shop today and they had a remington 700 LTR no glass, w/ bipod and after market stock. they wanted 1100 for it im not sure what a good price for one of these guns would be. what do you guys think?

Re: remington 700 ltr

Need a bit more info before I could pass judgment. What was the aftermarket stock? What kind of bipod? Did it have a scope rail or rings? Was the stock glass bedded? Do you know if it was a factory gun, or a Remington Custom shop gun? I know that's a lot of questions, but more info would be helpfull.

ill have to check i had just stopped in real fast on my way to doing some other stuff. As far as a scope and rings there is not any and it has a mil rail on top. The barrel has the straight flutes that resemble the one on the ltr tws as far as the stock its not a monte carlo style stock like what is shown on remingtons website that the ltr and ltr tws have on them, it resembles a bell and carlson 2998. It also has a detachable mag.

Well, the fact that a " Gun Shop" is selling it for that tells me you could maybe do a little better on the private market but they don't sound way out of line. An LTR in 308 generally brings $700-$900 in it's stock configuration on the private market if it has a low round count and is in good shape. An aftermarket stock is a nice upgrade but doesn't add as much as the stock would cost alone. That's just the way it is. You can get a bipod for as little as $35.00.

as far as round count the guy i talked to didnt know anything but i checked some things out on it with some quick glances and the end of the barrel doesnt show any wear on it there are zero scartches on the entire thing the locks on the bolt are bearly worn. im not an expert when it comes to guns but i would consider it to be in excelent shape.

IIRC they actually made the LTR with a detachable mag some years ago. I believe the mag was a flush-mount type and the stock was cut on either side because you released it by squeezing the sides of the mag at the bottom. If it's more like Badger Ord. Along with the scope rail and stock and bipod it's probably a fair deal. Who knows, it may even have an aftermarket trigger which would definitely make it a solid deal.

Oh... FYI... I heard there were "issues" with that detachable mag Remington put on them. Not sure what they were. Maybe someone else here knows.

the mag comes out with a button on the trigger guard but it doesnt have the extended mag release like you see on most after market ones its very discreate up on the top front part of the trigger guard. the guy i talked to did know that is was a factory trigger he said it was very stiff, but naturally he could work it for me to fix it for a "fair price" lol