• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 M40A1 barrels

wco24u

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Concord, N.C.
Looking for a new barrel, would like the M40 countour. Need some help finding someone who produce them. Help..

Re: Remington 700 M40A1 barrels

Try Scneider, Hart, Obermeyer and Rock. Gary Scneider had a few in stock, not sure if he still does.

I had great success with Schneider barrelsgr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wco24u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a new barrel, would like the M40 countour. Need some help finding someone who produce them. Help..</div></div>

dude ...or dude-ette please complete your profile.....you may find someone or something close to your AO that may be of help in your search......

Just ordered mine from Gary Schneider a few days ago, said he had about 6 more of the USMC contract barrels available. $320 + $16 shipping... Gary is a great guy to deal with, plan on being on the phone for a little while....it's time well spent!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Gary is a great guy to deal with, plan on being on the phone for a little while....it's time well spent! </div></div>

+1

Thanks for the help, contacted Douglas Barrels today with the help from a Gunsmith. Great people to talk to, placed an order and it will arrive in about two weeks. Now, which receiver to mount it to?

You have already stated that you are putting it into a 700. Do you want to know what 700? If so, the cheapest one you can find. Get used, no stock is going to accept a M40A1 barrel, so you will either need to sand out the stock or buy one that already has that contour (and may have a decent trigger instead of the X-mark).
This may help?
Chad

My statement refering to which receiver was a joke. I have two 700s on the bench. One is a new SPS Varmint, the other was produced in 1972. So to answer the question of which one, it will be the 1972 reciever, due to it is a standard contour barrel, plus better metal. To answer the stock statement, have a 5r stock on the Varmint and one sitting below the bench for this project. If need be I will have it opened up for the new barrel.