• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 mdt tac21 in 338 lapua

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
I'm into long range shooting and hunting I currently have a remington 700 cambered in 308 with a upgraded stock and mini chassis with a vortex 6 to 24 viper pst scope I can currently hold 4 inches at 600 yards and have recently came back form a pronghorn hunt. For next year I was planing on going elk hunting but I believe that at 600 to 700 yards a 308 wont have the energy to take it down, so I was interested in buying a 338 lupua at first I was thinking about a 700 xcr but after a little reseacher I found the 700 mdt tac21. I cant find much online about it can anyone help? I know that it cost more then the xcr but it also comes with a adjustable stock and a chassis so that means I wont have to spend any more money on the gun except for a scope. Anyone know anything about these guns?

I don't think the tac 21 comes with a stock or a forward grip. I could be wrong.

You can mount whatever you like on the TAC21. Forward grip will work fine, you can mount rails to the bottom (and sides) of the fore end. But yes you will need to purchase an AR-15 buttstock separately.
But.... honestly, if you take it hunting, I would go for the LSS chassis if you will be carrying it around. You will still get an accuracy improvement and can use AR-15 accessories.

Ok thank you, I thought that was a fully built gun. Do you know any good bolt actions chambered in 338 lapua that has a good adjustable stock and a chassis? Something good for about 1000 yards or more

Savage makes a factory .338 Lapua that you could throw into a chassis. Of course you could go with one of the premium actions and premium barrels and drop that into an action too. You didn't mention desired price ceiling.