• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 paint-job.

LRReaper0180

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2012
My paint-job turned out really well I think. With tha being said, I now am purchasing a USO ST-10 to replace this varmint 4.5-16x56 Tac scope from Millett. Do you think if I lap these SWFA tactical rings and leave the Millett base it will be alright or should I replace it? Second question; should I have USO paint the scope or do you think it will look ok Matte Black?

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u662/dcsapos1/rifleandspotscope.jpg

Re: Remington 700 paint-job.

rifleandspotscope.jpg

Looks great to me. I would definitely paint the scope too. Did you do that with paint or Duracoat?

Ryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sierra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The paint job looks great! I would paint the optic to match the rifle. </div></div>

+ 1

If the rings and base are working well for you currently I don't see any reason to replace them. I would just lap the rings and shoot it.

Also, definitely paint the scope to match the rifle.

Jeremy