• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 PCR...anyone shot one yet? Impressions?

ThatGuy2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2019
Looking at the new Remington PCR and it doesn't look to bad as a starter gun, especially the price (sub $900 street).

Anyone shot one yet or hand any 'hands on' first impressions of it ?

Attachments

• 700_Chassis_System_6-5_Creedmoor_beauty.jpg
    700_Chassis_System_6-5_Creedmoor_beauty.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 52
I have the 700 magpul hunter in 22” barrel 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots pretty good 3/4 Moa. I would expect that the pcr rifle would shoot 3/4 Moa as well. As with any mass produced rifle there is always the chance of getting a turd. If you can afford a rifle twice that price look at the mpa pmr rifle.

Reactions: ThatGuy2
Took mine out yesterday. Here is a 200 yard target the outer ring is 1" Shooting Hornaday ELD-X precision hunter 143gr 5 round group

I didnt actually measure. We were actually there setting the zero on the one my son-in-law just bought because he fell in love with mine and had to have one.

When I made the decision that I wanted to get some sort of precision rifle I made a rough budget because I knew I wouldnt get to use it a lot and didnt want to have a boatload of money tied up in it. As soon as I laid eyes on the Ruger Precision Rifle my mind was made up. I had to have one. I drove to Cabellas cause they had one in stock so I could get my hands on one. At that time the gen2 was just coming to market and it was still $1600. I held it up and instantly hated the butt stock. I cycled the bolt a few times and it felt rough and gritty. My mind was made up. I hated it and didnt want it one bit so the search began. I had a list of candidates

Savage 10BA Stealth
Howa 1500
Bergara B-14 HMR
Bergara B-14 BMP
Weatherby Vangaurd

I spent the next year to year and a half tracking down all of these rifles and playing with them, all the while setting money aside to buy when I found the right one. I was done. It was hands down the Bergara B-14 BMP. It was well balanced, comfortable, and butter smooth and still $1400. I made the decision that I was going to Cabellas that Saturday to pick it up. On my lunch break that Friday I went to the bank to get my cash and decided to stop by the gun store that was a couple blocks away to see if he got anything new in. There it was....The remington 700PCR just staring me down. I got my hands on it and instantly knew it was the one. I couldnt believe how well it felt and at $900 it was the best price out there. I went home that night and tried to do a little research but there was very little info out there on this rifle but tons on the Remington 700. Lots of haters and lots of lovers. From my experience on the interwebs the lovers have owned or at least had hands on something, and haters just keep copy/pasting what they read that some other dude said and it turns into a shit show over nothing.

The next day I went back and bought the 700 and got it all set up the way I wanted and took it out for a couple test shots. I learned really quick that the trigger really does suck on the remington 700. I ordered a Timney Calvin Elite and I am now in love with this gun. It is tons of fun and one hell of a conversation piece at the local sportsman club where everyone brings their DPMS Oracle $400 AR-15's to shoot. Like you I found this to be the dark horse best value on the market right now. All in right now with glass, rings, muzzle break, and trigger I am just over $2000 and couldnt be happier

Nice group. I'm on the fence between building a AR10 or buying something like this Remington ( so far the best value sub $1000 chassis gun I've seen so far )

Nice group. I'm on the fence between building a AR10 or buying something like this Remington ( so far the best value sub $1000 chassis gun I've seen so far )
pretty different price ranges if you're looking to have an accurate AR10

i wouldnt even consider a rem700 and would go straight to a tikka

pretty different price ranges if you're looking to have an accurate AR10

i wouldnt even consider a rem700 and would go straight to a tikka

This

Go to the local gun store and fondle both. If you tell me the Remington functions smoother and has a better trigger, I will wish you the best of luck. Both should be capable of producing sub-moa with match ammo and better with handloads.

The Tikka is a better over all rifle.

I had a Remington 700 PCR. It was a really nice rifle and was really accurate. Mine was a 308. I don’t really shoot for groups but the 1moa target at 600 yards was no problem. That being said I bought a Tikka CTR and sold the Remington. The Tikka is superior in every way. I put the Tikka in a KRG bravo so I had another $350 in a stock. All total I have $1350 in it. With the Remington I had to immediately change out the trigger so you will have that cost. With that the price gap is not that big. The Tikka Trigger is fantastic and I have no desire to change it.

I also could not find much on them when I started looking for reviews last December.

I have one in 6.5 CM and my dad has one in .308. Mine is topped with an Athlon Helos 6-24x50 and my dad's has the 8-34x56. The only upgrade we did was installing a Timney 510 trigger.

We love our and everyone that has shot ours wants to get one now

Is this rifle 6.5 PRC only or is it coming out in 300 PRC also? Who else will be making an off the shelf 300 PRC? I believe Ruger's RPR is now chambered in both 6.5 and 300 PRC