• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

remington 700 police .308

Re: remington 700 police .308

The one that I owned was a solid 3/4 MOA Rifle. Not to say that it would not shoot 1/2" groups at 100 but the norm was 3/4".

Great rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .204sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any info on accuracy of the remmy 700 police.
Also anything about barrel life? </div></div>

And you could use the Google search engine on the right column of this page, no less than a thousand threads on this site about that gun, and those questions.

I own a 700P in .308 win and have had very good luck with it. out my local range has distances out to 600 yards, and i shoot that when i can but mostly 100 - 300 yards. even out to the 600 yard targets, my rifle is holding 1/3 MOA. I have been shooting for about 3 years now and its my first rifle.

I have exactly 1008 rounds down the pipe, and have been reloading for a year and a half. With 175 grain SMK's and 178 grain AMAX's it shoots better than i do all day long.

I havent rebarreled, or had any work done. The only things done to the rifle are glass bedding and a rifle basix trigger. It still wears the HS Precision stock which i like, as it seems to fit me well and feel comfortable. I went ahead and had a badger bolt knob installed for convenience and aesthetics, and it wears a TacOps cheek pad.

The rifle, in that incarnation has really impressed me very much. I am not loading my rounds past Standard COAL, not really doing anything special at all, and its really shooting VERY well. Every time i go to the range and people ask what i've had done, they look surprised when i tell them not very much has been done.

If you are considering one, i'd say my experience has been very positive. I know other calibers perform better ballistically, but 7,500 - 10,000 round barrel life is a huge plus for me.

Anyway, just some thoughts on the subject. Its just my $0.02

-Paulus

nice thread guys keep it up ... i have a REM 700 PSS that I have been toying with ... but no real shooting w/ it yet. I wanted to add to my lil collection

9637.jpg

700P with Silver Bear at 100yrds.