• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 police .308

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    Hello,
    I was wondering if any of you have this rifle and how well it shoots. Is the factory stock good? It looks ok but can't find much on how they shoot.

Re: Remington 700 police .308

Look harder.

These are known to shoot quite well.

Is this a new rifle you are looking at?

(From your post count I am sure you know how to search. You drunk? Or leave your computer logged on and some OTHER drunk monkey typing for you?)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look harder.

These are known to shoot quite well.

Is this a new rifle you are looking at?

(From your post count I am sure you know how to search. You drunk? Or leave your computer logged on and some OTHER drunk monkey typing for you?) </div></div>
    No I am not drunk but good point. Lazy more like it, lol. I found some information on some other sites but couldn't find much here. My issue is I have found lots of bad information on other sites so I just wanted to see what kind of groups people are getting here. Will do some more searching
    smile.gif

I bought mine about fifteen years ago. It's OK for a factory out the box rifle but I never could get below one MOA. Probably me and not the rifle. If it's a decent price go for it. The factory stock is good.

IMHO most folks who buy a factory rifle will claim 1/2 moa groups all day when in realty they got a one lucky sub group and the rest are more like 1"+. Notice when people post pics of their groups it usually cuts off all the other groups on the same target.

IMO factory rifles are hit or miss. There are SPS tactical's that will out shoot some Police models or XCR's etc. Its all luck of the draw

If you're looking to spend that kind of money on a r700 I'd look to the 5r. IMO the 5r is a better barrel. I've heard they are extra barrels from remington m24 builds. Could be wrong about that?? Anyways 5r barrels are knows to have less fouling and higher FPS. Plus the Remington 5r's are all stainless and also have a HS stock

looking at your post count you should know this already! LOL

I have an older moder 700 pss with the drop magazine. If I do my part at 100 yards I get .5 to 1 inch not bad at all with factory ammo.. Only thing I done to it was have the trigger worked on

I have a Police Model 700 .308, 20 inch LTR 5r barrel that came with the wider serated trigger, and Rem. DBM. It was built around 2009. I took this rifle in from a friend. The stock as you know is a HS Precision with the aluminum beeding. I did not like the stock and never shot it with that stock on. I have a 14 1/2 inch LOP and I also found the grip angle not very comfortable. My friend who owned it before would litterly shoot 1 hole 3 shot groups at 100 yds using 168 FGMM. It now sits in a AICS and I am putting 5 rnds in the size of a dime using the same load and distance. Its hard to find a range in my area beyound 100 yds. I will enable your laziness lol. PM me if you want or need anything else.

I own a Remington 700 in .308 LTR model. It has a HS Precision stock. I'm just starting to work loads for the gun but it gets 1" groups at 100 yards with factory ammo so far. Shoots like a dream. Nice trigger. Have it adjust down low. My friend also has one for sale. He just never shoots it because he has alot of guns. His shoots sub MOA also.

i have or had the acc-sd witch is suppose to be a version of the police it had 1:10 twist and pre-threaded for can. the stock is crap, you have to stiffen it up or get a new one.

the police in my opinion is better but wouldn't be a bad idea to stock it up.

but both are sub-MOA out of the box

Cowboy, did you sell your .308 right after you got done getting like you wanted it.

I started on a PSS DM in .300wm. It consistently shot .75-1moa until the barrel died around 1600 rounds.

I believe that these are good guns to start with. Just do a good trigger job, but some good glass on it and you will really enjoy the gun for years.