• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police DM 308

Mimmo

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2022
Italy
Hi to all, this is Mimmo from Italy.

I bought new in 1996, a Remington 700 Police DM, 26" barrell, HS stock.

Trigger was at 7 pound from factory, DM gave no problems at all . The rifle shoots well.

What is your opinion about how it quality-compares with current Rem 700P or Tikka T3X CTR ?

Thanks .

Mimmo

Ciao amici. As I cruise the internet, the general consensus would appear to be that Remington does not make guns of the same quality these days and that they are not a good value proposition in the current market. While every brand has detractors on-line, you'll find no shortage here, at Rokslide, or on r/longrange if you choose to look.

Last edited:
Hi to all, this is Mimmo from Italy.

I bought new in 1996, a Remington 700 Police DM, 26" barrell, HS stock.

Trigger was at 7 pound from factory, DM gave no problems at all . The rifle shoots well.

What is your opinion about how it quality-compares with current Rem 700P or Tikka T3X CTR ?

Thanks .

Mimmo
The rifles made in 96 are fine, accurate rifles. A gunsmith can tune that trigger to 3lbs easily, and if done correctly, safely

The rifles made in 96 are fine, accurate rifles. A gunsmith can tune that trigger to 3lbs easily, and if done correctly, safely
I was thinking about trading the rifle for a tikka T3X UPR .... but i don't know whether the Tikka is better than Rem ...

I was thinking about trading the rifle for a tikka T3X UPR .... but i don't know whether the Tikka is better than Rem ...

Your not really loosing out sticking with the Remington. Your trading for a comparable though newer design.

You really wouldn't be upgrading. If I was going to trade it I would look for something leaps and bounds better. The older Remingtons are good guns.