• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police - Springtime Fun!

gglass

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
Osceola, IN
Welcome to Spring folks!

It was such a nice day today that I decided to head to the range after work this evening. I wanted to really get the feel of my 700 Police now that it has been skim-bedded and the new Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP has been mounted. I can only say that I am even more pleased than I was last fall.

Instead of working on the ultimate groups, I decided that I would try something a little different. (OK. So there is one group.) I made up some pretty unique "hostage" targets that give the shooter less than a dime's worth of area to hit at the largest point. Below are the results at 100 yards:

6hostages.jpg

My reworked 700P today:
700pweaverffp.jpg

Color me happy once again!

Re: Remington 700 Police - Springtime Fun!

I've one a lot of work with my 700P and love it more with every upgrade. Those are some unique ideas for targets.

The hostages have been secured! Mission completed, over and out.
good shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RegularGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stole your target idea for a range trip today. Good shooting!</div></div>

No need to steal my friend... Here you go:
hostagesmalltargets.jpg

P.S. Thanks for your service... Be safe!

Nice shooting, good looking stick too! What do you have planned for it next?

That is some great shooting and awesome targets. What work have you done to your 700P and who did it for you? I am always amazed at how good some of these rifles shoot with Factory components. Did you shoot that group with factory ammo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is some great shooting and awesome targets. What work have you done to your 700P and who did it for you? I am always amazed at how good some of these rifles shoot with Factory components. Did you shoot that group with factory ammo?</div></div>

Thanks for the kind words guys.

This 700P has been more accurate than it deserves, right from the get-go. I did do a skim bedding job over the Winter, just to see if I could wring out that last bit of accuracy, and I have to say that it seems to have done the trick. I did the skim bedding job myself with directions from this forum.

I have only shot 168gr FGMM factory ammo through this rifle, as I don't reload yet. One of the reasons for choosing the 700P, was that from all reports, these rifles seem to shoot 168gr FGMM's like they were made for each other... I can't say that I'm disappointed, and I'm not sure how much more accurate I could make it even if I rolled my own.

From what I know gglass has a stock 700P with the new Weaver Tac scope. Don't know if he got the stock bedded but its a shooter I will tell you that. He has printed some really nasty groups with this rifle.

nice shooting. thank's for target sharing. now i will see how close i can get with my sps tactical. i already know the gap i have will do it.

Great shooting! I will be knocking the dust off my 700P next week for some long over due shooting and I look forward to trying your target. Thanks for sharing!

That is a nice looking slick Remington 700P. And, some very nice shooting. I also had to steal the target for later use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30378</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What bullet are you using? </div></div>

Believe the gun has only had 168gr FGMM through it, according to the OP.

Thanks for the target!!!! Gonna have to get out and shoot it a few times. I've got a 700p in an AICS with the same glass on it. Odds are my results will not be as good with the same ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gglass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogonzalez13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is some great shooting and awesome targets. What work have you done to your 700P and who did it for you? I am always amazed at how good some of these rifles shoot with Factory components. Did you shoot that group with factory ammo?</div></div>

Thanks for the kind words guys.

This 700P has been more accurate than it deserves, right from the get-go. I did do a skim bedding job over the Winter, just to see if I could wring out that last bit of accuracy, and I have to say that it seems to have done the trick. I did the skim bedding job myself with directions from this forum.

I have only shot 168gr FGMM factory ammo through this rifle, as I don't reload yet. One of the reasons for choosing the 700P, was that from all reports, these rifles seem to shoot 168gr FGMM's like they were made for each other... I can't say that I'm disappointed, and I'm not sure how much more accurate I could make it even if I rolled my own. </div></div>

Nice shooting! Cool targets, that would break up the monotony of boring targets sometimes.. Of course rockchucks and coyotes do that too...

That ammo seems to be shooting awesome. Handloading is great and all, but it can be pretty frustrating and expensive at times too..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice shooting!

You dont appear to be too far from me.

Have you heard of Youngs Longshot in Wolcottville?

http://www.youngslongshot.com/</div></div>

Longshot is about an hour away from me. I have thought about getting a membership, but I don't like the fact that you can't bring a guest. I haven't been able to talk any of my shooting buddies into getting a membership there.

Who knows... Maybe I'll get a membership there someday.