• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 PSS stock

Re: Remington 700 PSS stock

No the rear is hollow and the forend fill is not strong enough.

Randy,
Will the cups simply pull out under stress?
is there no way to reinforce the area?
Of course they have the standard studs in place on the underside.
Trying to find a way to make them work.

Also, on a McMillan stock, with the eagle stock pack in place, the side cup is covered. can it be moved into a different position to allow for the stock pack and still have access to the cup?
It's strange how the pack strap covers the bottom cup perfectly and the cheek pad covers the side one.

There is always a way to make it work, it just comes down to paying someone for their time or giving a monetary value to yours. If it were me and I had to add flush cups regardless of time or price required I would machine an aluminum block (kinda like badgers IMUNS rail setup) and inlet and marinetex the shit out of it into the front of the stock where you want the flush cups and just drill and tap the aluminum block for the flush cups to thread/epoxy into. This will take alot of time for a gunsmith to do and he will charge you more than the PSS stock is worth and most likely more than a quality replacement (mcmillan, manners, etc.) will cost.

Just my opinion.

Ern