• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Replacement triggers

Westtexan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
San Antonio, TX
What would yall use for a replacement trigger on a Remington 700? I have used Timney and liked them... On a the rifle I am building now, I am considering a Jewel. Any opinions on it?

Re: Remington 700 Replacement triggers

It's all about feel. For me, I love rifle basix... it just feels right. My advice is to get some trigger time in on as many as you can, then choose what feels best.

After using the Jewell, I'll never buy anything else. I'm using the BRBR model set at 4.0 oz. For a rifle to be carried in the field you may want to go with something heavier, at least 1 lb.

Hard to go wrong with a Jewell.. In my rifle collection I have Jewell, Rifle Basix, Schilen, Timney as well as a couple of factory Sako & tuned Remington 700's..

I really like the Schilen Trigger I have in one of my Rem 700's..

in my experience , SHILEN all the way -

american made, high quality, trigger dept. is run by a former USMC precision weapon armorer

and for the money, CANNOT BE BEAT

recently tried a RIFLE basix and they send new fire control pins with the trigger kit; THESE PINS ARE METAL INJECTION MOLDED -

and one failed, during a competition, after just being installed approx. 4 weeks; MIM pin sheared in two. OEM pins or as Remington calls them 40x pins are solid stainless and will bend, not break

once the pin breaks it, the rifle is a glorified club -

and yes, i emailed RIFLE BASIX immediately (that night, at the comp) informed them, expressed my displeasure, and stated they should use solid pins NOT MIM'D parts; due to potential failures.

i received a hey, sorry about that, we will consider it; response

well I think I am going to go with the Jewel and see how it works. I do appreciate the information... Sucks about the rifle basix...

I have always had great results with Timney

For a pull weight 2 lbs (maybe a little less) or heavier, I like the tuned older style 700 trigger. Easily adjustable for creep and over travel and you can do it yourself.

If you are measuring your pull weight in oz, the Jewel is hard to beat.

I like all the timney's I've had just fine, I think they're a great trigger. I have a Huber Concepts in a 700 now and I believe it's the best trigger I've been behind to this date. I may be partial to it because it's a 2 stage and I like them better for a precision rifle set up, but I know I like it better because it's just the best feeling trigger I've ever shot. YMMV

Do a search on them and I think you'll be impressed, the group buy on them may still be going on too.
JH

Jewell is awesome. Most of the replacement triggers are, but Jewell is the best one I´ve ever tried.

jewell is the way to go iv shot the timney and u will be much happier with the jewell. not any triggers out there that are as smooth a squeeze as the jewell if installed properly

The Huber group buy is good through the end of December. I bought one, seems excellent. They are preset, no further adjustment available. Also they are sealed. Low friction due to ball bearing design.

Nobody's mentioned the CG Jackson / CG Xtreme 22. Seems worth at least mentioning, so here it is.