• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 SA .223 Wilde build

Gotcha, yeah I wasn’t going to waste my time with those. I’ve never had good luck with any fully polymer mag including AI Magpul and Ruger branded AICS mags.

You should try one. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Update...

Received all the parts and put everything together. Everything fit flawlessly.

Took it to the range for barrel break-in and to get some MVs. I put a variety of loads through it just to see where i need to be. Will be settling on the Berger 80gr VLD Target, IMR 8208 (23.5gr), CCI #4, COAL of 2.475 (touching lands and grooves) with an average MV of 2835fps though might consider pushing it a little faster. Little to no recoil.

Next step is to get a good Zero and and see my groups so i can start tweaking as needed

Here are some pictures of my .223 build though i will personalize it a bit at some point. Also, wapped out the scope for a Vortex Golden Eagle so I can see how she does in an FCLASS match.

IMG_9169.jpeg
IMG_9165.jpeg
IMG_9174.jpeg

Looks awesome! Nice to see a build come together and the owner is happy!

Thanks...

What I really enjoyed was the exchange of ideas in this thread. It took me down a path i did not originally envision.

Love the outcome.

Thanks guys!

Thanks...

What I really enjoyed was the exchange of ideas in this thread. It took me down a path i did not originally envision.

Love the outcome.

Thanks guys!

There's never a shortage of different ideas in this place. All that matters is that you are happy with it. You gotta post some target pics too. it's a requirement. ;)

There's never a shortage of different ideas in this place. All that matters is that you are happy with it. You gotta post some target pics too. it's a requirement. ;)

Roger that...

Might not be able to get to the range for a couple of weeks though

Reactions: stevieb92