• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 serial number?? Please!!

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Fellas i am trying to find out when my remington 700 was made. I have found some info that pertains to letters before the serial number but my action doesnt have any letters. My number is- 6504689 Anyone? thanks Lee

Re: remington 700 serial number?? Please!!

Remington went over to 7 digit serial numbers in 1968 following the passage of the 1968 GCA laws. I have been told that the A prefix serial numbers appeared around 1974-75. I think the first of the 7 digit numbers started at 6,200,000.

Remington does put a date stamp on the barrel which you might find helpful, it is in letter code but the information is available online at a few different sources.

thats the thing with this one i have. It doesnt have a letter pre fix. Anyway im going to sell it and i just didnt know exactly how to advertise it. thanks Lee

Remington Customer Service at 1-800-243-9700 was able to give me production dates of mine.