• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD ???

Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD ???ave any trigg

I just got one put together, lonewolfusmc's vids are dead on it is a great shooter off a rest but as soon as you go to the bipod the groups open right up, as soon as I get some spare change it's going into. An aics:)

I purchased one about half a year ago and love it. The hogue stock it comes with is kind of shitty although I don't think I will replace mine. Mostly everyone's barrel will touch the end of the stock from the barrels weight but I just sanded that part down and accuracy has improved.
My load data is as follows:
Win brass with cci br2 primers
185 Berger vld
40.5 varget
2.341 ogive
Easy bug hole at 100 yards
The x mark pro it comes with isn't horrible and can be adjusted lighter then the trigger screw allows if you know what your doing.
If your looking for a budget rifle then its a good choice IMO.
At the time I got mine at 520$ which isn't bad for its performance.
You can also suppress it in the future:)

Just got one about a month ago and have been shooting it for about two weeks. I absolutely love it. Plan on changing the stock immediately. Other than that its an incredible value and Remington is a fantastic company to deal with. Going to shoot it tomorrow with the new stock up to about 600 yards. If I get a chance I will post some pics or something.

Lovin mine. Like the others said, plan on a stock and trigger when you can. Can't beat it for the price out of the box.

I've had mine for a while now. For the money they are pretty accurate. Mine is a consistent 3/4moa shooter with the occasional sub 1/2moa groups. Stock and trigger will help tremendously.

308.jpg

pyplynr, that is a bad ass stock!

mrgreentie.. if you haven't yet, definitely watch LoneWolfUSMC's video. The Houge stock is too flimsy and as pyp said, a trigger is one of the best accuracy mods you can do after the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock and trigger will help tremendously.

308.jpg
</div></div>

Agreed, that looks awesome. What stock is that, looks like a B&C medalist?

Got mine a couple of months back, replaced the trigger with a rifle basix and the stock with a McMillan A5, thing shoots awesome. For a "cheaper" rifle it is definitely worth a look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slowagon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed, that looks awesome. What stock is that, looks like a B&C medalist? </div></div>

Thanks. It's a Manners T4 w/ mini chassis.

Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD ???

I like mine. Cost effective and puts rounds where I want them.

rightsidejh.jpg

When they come available to the local shop I will most likely get one and put it in either a McMillan or McCree stock. I am leaning more towards the McCree stock right now. It will play back up to my A3G for matches.

I have a regular sps tactical in .308. Its not threaded but that's the only difference. I immediately removed the Hogue stock and installed an H.S. precision and had it bedded. Tac Ops bolt knob. Had the barreled action gun koted, gap style camo for the stock and installed a Karsten cheek rest. Topped it off with a NF 20 moa rail and Bushnell 3200 Elite Tactical 5-15 md .

It will easily hold 1/2" groups or better with hand loaded ammo and will hold under 1moa with black hills match 168s and gmm 168s.

Didn't get a chance to shoot mine yesterday like I thought but if I can I'm going to try and go out today. It will be my first time shooting it with the new B&C stock. If not today definitely going out shooting Friday. I will try and post some pics of it and some groups.

Would anybody like to share there load data?
I have bought Varget powder and 168 Gr bergers for my AAC-SD gun. I will be loading this week and hopefully shooting this weekend. Any information is helpful. Thanks

45.0 Varget
178 Amax
Winchester Brass
Winchester Primers
2550 fps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NU Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would anybody like to share there load data?
I have bought Varget powder and 168 Gr bergers for my AAC-SD gun. I will be loading this week and hopefully shooting this weekend. Any information is helpful. Thanks </div></div>

Lapua brass
168 smk
fed. 210m
44.1 Varget
2625 fps

Win brass
175 SMK
fed. 210m
43.2 Varget

Win brass
190 SMK
Fed. 210M
49.0 Reloader 17
2.945 COAL 2600fps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The twist rate is different as well </div></div>

Ah, thanks for the correction. I was not aware of the 1/10 twist on the AAC. Need to do my homework more.
wink.gif

Definitely happy with mine. Shoots consistent 3/4moa with 168 FGMM.

Just bought one about a week ago. Harrels Precision makes a nice muzzle brake for $35. You have to bore it and time it though. My chamber has a really small headspace, 1.625 which is out of SAAMI specs.