• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 sps tactical

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
anyone have this rifle thinking of getting it in 223 what is the price for one and how accurate are they

Re: remington 700 sps tactical

I have one in .223, unsure on price wherever you are but over in New Zealand I got it for $1450.00.
Awesome varmint rifle

yes i have one completly rebuilt blueprinted, jewell tigger set to 2 lb, vortex viper, b&c medalist a2 stock trued and squared and lapped lugs shoots 1/4 moa at 100yds, .803 moa at 300,1.25 moa at 500 with 69gr sierra hpbt with 25.3gr of varget behind it excellent gun bought it for 579.00 new

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have this rifle thinking of getting it in 223 what is the price for one and how accurate are they </div></div>From my limited research in this subject, and after owning one in .308, from what I read, they are more consistantly accurate in .308 than in .223. I would budget $525 to send it out to Short Action Customs for their "SPS Package" which includes blueprinting and seems to produce a good increase in accuracy.

-BM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One One Alpha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in .223, unsure on price wherever you are but over in New Zealand I got it for $1450.00.
Awesome varmint rifle </div></div>

$1450 for an SPS???? WTF? Is that in some weird NZ dollars?

I own an SPS tact is .223, of course the stock was replaced, I put mine in the Choate tactical stock (A5 type). It certainly tightened up the groups, but it is still a "decent" shooter. Nothing to get all worked up about, especially when you consider I had to spend an extra 200 bones for a stock that was worth a shit.
Save yourself the trouble, buy a Savage 10PC or Hunter Max in .223. You'll get a good stock that does not need replaced, a better trigger and a better barrel all for about the same price as the SPS out the door (before buying the new stock).

Bought one last month in .308. put a 6.5x20 Leupold on it. Like others have said the Houge stock is JUNK! Very flimsy and weak with a bipod out on the end of it. Bought an Bell and Carlson stock http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-110/Bell-Carlson-tactical-700/Detail with a big arse aluminum block for a bed in it. (just got it in the mail today) for $200+ bucks and we will see if will shoot any better. Best I could get is 1" groups with mine at 100 yds with 12 different kinds of match ammo. some of them were 2"+ but the stock was touching the bbl. Like the guns size and weight but it don't shoot worth a crap out of the box or at least mine didn't. I have lapped the lugs,set the trigger to 28oz,and now changed the stock on it. Will shoot it this weekend to see if that helped....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn I bought mine NIB for $489 out the door. </div></div>
They are $605 and up now

gave $549 for mine,saw a 308 sps this past weekend NIB $559

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One One Alpha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in .223, unsure on price wherever you are but over in New Zealand I got it for $1450.00.

$1450 for an SPS???? WTF? Is that in some weird NZ dollars? </div></div>

At the current exchange rate, that would be about $1,060 US. That seems high in the States but when import costs, duties, sales tax etc. are figured in, it's probably a typical price in NZ.

We who are fortunate enough to be in the States should thank our lucky stars that we're able to buy as cheaply as we can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One One Alpha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in .223, unsure on price wherever you are but over in New Zealand I got it for $1450.00.

$1450 for an SPS???? WTF? Is that in some weird NZ dollars? </div></div>

Yeah thats NZ Dollars, 1 New Zealand dollar = 0.7281 U.S. dollars at the moment.
We get raped with prices for anything to do with fire arms.
mad.gif