• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 sps tactical

Blackside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Ok, so heres the deal. Ive been looking for a Rem 700 .308 sps Tactical for sale. Im wanting to put it in an AICS. Well i found one for sale locally used. Claims hes selling cause wife hates guns. Pretty cheap price but freinds have told me to just go with a new one because most of the time if someone is selling one cheap its due to not being accurate. Well? what do yall think on this and whats my best bet?

Re: Remington 700 sps tactical

what is he selling it for?, if its crazy cheap I might shy away from the deal, because things like that usually throw up a red flag saying something ain't right

Is it accurate? You will not know until you put some rounds downrange. If it is not, you have an action to build a rifle on(if you get the rifle for $400 or under, you are stil in good shape). Personally, some of my best deals on guns have came from similar circumstances.

I have spun a couple of barrels from SPS rifles onto receivers and the rifles have shot very well.

i got him down to 400 on the price, he said he only put 40rds to break it in..

And probably will not be ablt to test fire before the purchase. wanting to build a nice one..would hate to insult the NF with something thats worthless...

Give me his info and I'll buy it... The action is worth the money to a lot of people. It's getting harder and harder to find 700's cheap around here...

That's really not a bad deal if it doesn't shoot just purchase a new barrel take it to reputible smith and start all over...

Mick

Thats what i wanted to hear!..just wanted to make sure i wasnt making a mistake..new is $579 roughly..so the extra i save will go for bolt work,etc.. is the 20" good size for the AICS stack? and what are good ranges for the 20"? thans every1

I didnt realize how pricey they were!!..Hell ill buy this one for the 400..atlest will be a good deal on Bolt/action! :)

I agree the receiver alone is $400 and plus you get alot more. plus you can talk to remington if it doesnt shoot worth a damn because they r having some quality control problem right now and they will most likely give you a new barrel if there are any problems with it. I had my friend do that last month and he got basically a new gun.

The flip side he could be telling the truth and/or is hurting for cash and doesn't want to disclose it. Times are tough for many at this point. Would not sweat it and press Remingtion if it does have an issue.

I too picked up one of these rifles up at a fairly decent deal, should be in my hands tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbags</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The flip side he could be telling the truth and/or is hurting for cash and doesn't want to disclose it. Times are tough for many at this point. Would not sweat it and press Remingtion if it does have an issue.

I too picked up one of these rifles up at a fairly decent deal, should be in my hands tomorrow. </div></div>

This is most likely the case.

I would have no problems paying $400 for an SPS Tactical. Hell I spent 8k in the last 3 months from a room in Afg on rifles off the EE here. Only going off some pics and just seeing a couple of them fir the first time this AM since I was up too damn early and needed something to do.

you can get to 1K with the 20" barrel, reloading will help you achieve this. Keep an eye on the PX for a used AICS stock if money is tight. If not pay the etra for the new one.