• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 ss 308 r5

Re: Remington 700 ss 308 r5

I do... but it doesn't resemble the original rifle anymore...

It was a good shooter in it's basic configuration ....

RJ

------- deleted

ive wanted one for a while and couldnt find one for 2 years. walked into the gunshop 2 days ago and found one sittin on the shelf for 1000 bucks. just wanted to know how they shoot before i take a chunk out of my savings account.

i have one! paid $969.00 on GB. free shipping, no cc sur charge!

I got mine on gunbroker last year for ~$1000 with shipping and FFL fee. I love it. I was disapointed with all factory ammo. Even Federal GMM. But handloads with 4064 average 1/2 MOA. Im hoping 8208 does even better.

Here's mine,haven't shot it yet.
Guns1109.jpg

Guns1108.jpg

I must say that is an awesome set up. I picked mine up today, and now all i need to do is pick my scope and bases. What size nightforce is that and what bases ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmnspwr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What anti cant bubble is that? US Optics? </div></div>
looks like a b square to me

To the OP:
You said it yourself, that you couldn't find one for 2 years. I say get it.

I like mine, shoots true when I do my part. You will be very happy with it.

Very nice rifle! I loved mine, shoots the 168grn a max match hornady ammo great. Even better with a 175 Berger VLD with some varget!

Great shooter out of the box.
I shot this group at 300yds, then a friend at the range shot it at another fresh target at 300 yds as well. I edged him by 1/16 of an inch. This guy has shot many years and has a ton of rifles. He told me that he has never shot a more accurat stock rifle.
Mind you I did drop in a Timney trigger (used from the Hide) and an AZ bolt knob, but no Smith has touched it.
Enjoy SScott
Remington700308300YD.jpg

I have one. shoots great. adjust the trigger and change/bed the stock and you will be hard pressed to outshoot it; for the money anyway. I dont get to shoot past 100 yds much but my last 3 shot group (i know yall hate 3 shot groups)was under a half inch @ 100.