• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REMINGTON 700 STOCK OPTIONS

Jessedingo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2019
Guys, I recently traded for a Remington 700 sps stainless in 223. It has the tupperware stock and I would like to replace it. This will primarily be a coyote/hog gun. I was looking for a stock in the 300 to 400 dollar range. Ive been looking at stocks on line and below is a list of stocks that ive seen for the price that I want. Would love a walnut stock. A stock with a bedding block would be a plus too.

1: boyds walnut stock- $285
2: bell and carlson m40- $300
3: hogue full bed block- $260
4: stockys-several stocks in 300-500 range. classic sporter walnut-$299
5: bergara stock- $250 on ebay

I'm not just limited to these stocks. These are really just what I have found online. Can anyone recommend a stock in this list or another stock in this price range that would fit my hunting needs. I can spend a little more if a stock is just head and shoulders better than what ive been looking at. Can someone weigh in on this please?

I had one of these:

I was perfectly happy with it, basic hunting rifle stock. One caveat is the barrel channel will need to be opened up for a varmint contour barrel. I did mine with a length of 1 inch steel tube wrapped in sandpaper. Just took my time. If you have a regular SPS with the skinny barrel it'll drp right in.

Guys, I recently traded for a Remington 700 sps stainless in 223. It has the tupperware stock and I would like to replace it. This will primarily be a coyote/hog gun. I was looking for a stock in the 300 to 400 dollar range. Ive been looking at stocks on line and below is a list of stocks that ive seen for the price that I want. Would love a walnut stock. A stock with a bedding block would be a plus too.

1: boyds walnut stock- $285
2: bell and carlson m40- $300
3: hogue full bed block- $260
4: stockys-several stocks in 300-500 range. classic sporter walnut-$299
5: bergara stock- $250 on ebay

I'm not just limited to these stocks. These are really just what I have found online. Can anyone recommend a stock in this list or another stock in this price range that would fit my hunting needs. I can spend a little more if a stock is just head and shoulders better than what ive been looking at. Can someone weigh in on this please?

I have one of Rem's 5R SS and it came in an HS Precision stock which I do like very much. It has an aluminum bedding block

I believe that this is the one supplied by Rem but HS makes many others for 700's

Reactions: Idaho-5R
HS Precision........ I have them on nearly all my Remmy 700s

Reactions: Baron23
Are you looking for a factory looking piece of wood? There are probably tons of take offs out there.
If you are any kind of a DIY kind of guy you can put Magpul bottom metal in an ADL and have detachable mags. Pillar and glass bed yourself.
Use a socket and sandpaper to hog out the barrel channel.
Mine came out pretty nice.

Stock options for the 700 are infinite... But I've found the best 2 budget options are either find a used take-off HS Precision fiberglass stock on the internet, or buy a Magpul stock (has a full aluminum bedding block in it for accuracy), or a Stocky's brand stock, which are usually under $350 and are VERY solid quality.

Mission drives the gear. Think about all the related factors. For example, you state the purpose is hog/coyote hunting. What distances do you typically shoot? What kind of distances do you walk on a hunt? Will you be using NV or thermal gear?

In the end, answering some of those questions will lead into factors such as desirable total weight, stock features, rail length, etc. You can also peruse some of the threads here on hunting where members show their setups. That will lead to some tested examples.

Another option would be a greyboe terrain. Red hawk rifles usually has them for under $400. I’ve been very happy with two I have.

I know you want wood but in that price range the KRG Bravo is worth a look also.

Reactions: atvman400
I have a couple of Bergara Approach’s with Greyboe Terrain stocks and I really like them. I really wish that Bravo chassis was a pound lighter…I own a their W3 for a different rifle and wished it was heavier! Hahah…

I'm not sure if your SPS 700 is varmint contour, or, sporter. If its varmint/sendero contour, there are always used HS Prec. stocks for sale on the PX here, or other sights. If its sporter contour, they aren't quite as previlent , but, not impossible to find used. I purchased 2 new HSP sporter stocks from their Black Friday sale, & saved some $$$$$. I really like the HSP stocks.....

Ebay and search rem 700 stocks. Mikes Stocks sells some of the same Keystone models as Stockys but at a better price and you can see the actual stock you are purchasing. He has some walnut/bedding block stocks on there.

Not within the price range but I got two McMillans which are super light, fit me just right. I think I'm going to try some AG Composites next.

3rd for Bravo in that price range. Has the aluminum chassis so you don't need to worry about bedding. It can also grow with you if you want to do something other than coyote/hogs with the rifle.