• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Remington 700 tactical users (scope rings)

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
I just purchased a remington sps tactical .308 and I have a nightforce scope with a 56mm obj. lense

Can anyone tell me what height rings I need with a 20moa rail? Or if you guys using a 20moa rail with a 50mm obj lense could tell me your setup so I can order one size larger...

Re: Remington 700 tactical users (scope rings)

Depends on the rail, some are taller than others. My 700 SPS-V has a weaver tac 20MOA extended rail, with low .335" TPS rings holding a Millet with a 56mm obj and have about 3/32" bezel to barrel clearance.

I have a 20" Tactical with NXS 56 mm objective. I am using NF Ultra-Lite rings with an EGW 20* rail and all is fine. Oh left out some important info they are NF lows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't have either, then the simple answer is to call Seekins Precision and have them set you up with he correct height. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span>

I have the Aadland low rings with a 50mm objective with a EGW 20moa rail...and I have a little room. The mediums would work perfect for you.

pri 20 moa rail
nxs 3.5-15x50
mark 4 low rings
had to trim the bikini cover so it would fit between the scope bell and barrel. I would go with mediums

Leupold 15 MOA Base
Mark 4 Medium rings
SPS AAC
plenty of room for flip-up scope covers but just barely

I would give Seekins a call. They are great to deal with and have incredible products.

my 700 ltr/5r has a egw 20moa base and burris xtr low rings.

my brother-in-law has the 700sps tac with a farrell 20moa and xtr lows with the nightforce.

both setups work and clear the barrel.

I have TPS on my M700 SPS Tac. I love the rings good stuff.

Aron-

Seekins 30 mm Medium-High rings allowed me to mount a NF 56 mm objective on a rem varmint profile barrel with just enough clearance for the scope caps and a small gap.

It had a 20 MOA base and was pretty much the same setup as you have.

Seekins Medium High's are what you need.

Just mounted my new Vortex PST with 50mm bell and it has more than enough clearance with a TPS 20MOA base and TPS 30mm low rings.

When the SPS-T was wearing the same rail and medium 1" TPS rings and a Nikon Buckmaster 40mm bell there was a lot more clearance than I wanted.