• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 to AICS

Maruader614

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
I'm trying to set my .308 24" barrel from a Remington 700 SPS into an AICS Stock 1.5 and i'm not sure if it is seated properly. i have both screws torque'd as directed, but there seems to be too much of the barrel floating in the stock. it doesn't touch anywhere after the action/ bolt. i know this a free float design. i've seen 100's of pics and i don't think this is right.
thanks for the help!

Re: Remington 700 to AICS

Sounds quite normal.. My Aics has a MTU bbl in it now, with
AMPLE room to spare as well.

it's fine. a free floated barrel is freely floating beyond the receiver;)

ok. that makes me feel better about the whole deal.
thanks for the help guys!

couple more quick questions and 1 that probably doesn't belong in this area but since we're on the topic...
did you have to make any mods to the trigger? my Remington has a standard x-trigger, but i've read some people saying it has to be a jewel trigger to fit and function properly.

Lastly any suggestions about the bipod? i know Harris makes one, any recommendations?

thanks again,
NooB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maruader614</div><div class="ubbcode-body">couple more quick questions and 1 that probably doesn't belong in this area but since we're on the topic...
did you have to make any mods to the trigger? my Remington has a standard x-trigger, but i've read some people saying it has to be a jewel trigger to fit and function properly.

Lastly any suggestions about the bipod? i know Harris makes one, any recommendations?

thanks again,
NooB </div></div>

earlier aics needed a little bit of work to clear the x-mark trigger. i think i heard they have updated the aics recently to allow them to drop in. i haven't tried one to confirm that though. since you already have it mounted up, check the function of the safety. if it works without binding, you should be good to go.

i'm a fan of the proven harris 6-9 swivel bi-pod. they do what i've needed them to do and i have no reason to use anything else. there are other options out there but that's something that really comes down to user preference though.

I can tell you for sure the jewel trigger will require milling of the chassis to function properly but not sure on the x mark.

X-Mark Pro worked just fine in my late-model AICS 1.5 (the one with the protruding mounting block for the NV?). A Timney in the same chassis would not work because the safety pin was sticking out too far when safety was engaged. Instead of opening up the chassis, I shortened the safety pin minimally.