• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 torque specs

CodenameFatBoy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2018
I am looking for the action screw torque specs for a remington 700 with no bedding but have been unable to find anything solid.

I use 65 inch pounds on several HS stocks with aluminum bedding and about half that on all plastic adl style stocks. Haven’t had any issues

Consider this:

Torque Settings for Wooden Stocks
The maximum torque that should be used on wooden stocked Remington 700 rifles is 15-inch per pound.

Torque Settings for Synthetic Stocks
Forty-five inch per pound is recommended by Remington as the maximum torque for action screws on Model 700 rifles with synthetic stocks.

Torque Settings for Composite Stocks
The actions on Model 700 rifles equipped with a composite stock can be tightly secured with a maximum torque of 65-inch per pound.

Remington Armor classes say 45 inch pounds with aluminum bottom metal, 65 inch pounds for steel.

I can confirm two of mine can from the factory at 45. Overtime we’ve used 45-65 with satisfactory results.