• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 700 Trigger group swap

stan462

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Las Vegas
I need to swap out the regular Remington 700 trigger group with a timney trigger. I have not done this in years. Do I just tap out the pins?

Thanks

Re: Remington 700 Trigger group swap

Pretty much... Just don't lose the spring. Easiest way to install is to drive the front pin in first. Then swing the trigger housing up and align the the rear holes together. Should be able to push pins in with finger strength for starts.. then lightly tap.

Also... heres a link that has a few pictures of how the bolt stop and spring should look when you re-installed.. I forgot myself and had a hell of a time figuring it out..

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=915400#Post915400

Also, don't forget to put the Safety into the ON position before you remove the rear pin. It is easy to forget and then drive the pin into the safety lever snapping it off very quickly...

Ask me how I know
wink.gif

Reactions: themightytimmah

Just one last question, should I tap out the pins from the left side and put the pins in from the right side ( safety side ).

Thanks in advance.

I've always tapped out from the bolt stop side towards the safetly side and put pins back in the same direction. Never had any issues doing it this way.. Don't know if it will work the other way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koobs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've always tapped out from the bolt stop side towards the safetly side and put pins back in the same direction. Never had any issues doing it this way.. Don't know if it will work the other way. </div></div>
Yes, it will work the other way, and for me worked better because of the staking on the safety side. I couldn't easily push the pins out past the stakes that Remington uses to hold these pins in place.

Thanks again for all you help. I just replaced the trigger. No problems.

Stan