• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Trigger Issues?

areskslan

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2012
Kansas
www.area51gaming.com
I feel like this is a radio show where I say "Long time reader first... er second time poster."

But, I've been reading and heard about trigger issues with the Remington 700 post-purchase. I'm reading all kinds of differing articles about "sudden discharges" of this weapon. I as many other shooters do not want this to happen. Is there any truth to this, and if so has Remington fixed the problem? Which also begs, if they've fixed it how do I know I've got an "ok" trigger?

I've attempted to search this topic here as well but I'm not returning anything that's answering my questions (more than likely user error). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Remington 700 Trigger Issues?

Interesting, I hadn't found this article. I'm going to have to go home and play a bit to see what I've got going on. Still, I'm a little leery about the whole thing the last thing I want to do is have an ND/AD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sarge7174</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've seen 700s discharge when the safety was moved to the fire position,but in all the cases the shooter had adjusted the stock trigger to less than 3 lbs.
</div></div>

I hadn't planned on adjusting the trigger at all, I had a friend tell me about the issues with the trigger. But google wasn't my friend I got conflicting reports. I've spent enough time reading here to trust the opinion of the uses.

As long as your trigger is set properly you should not have any issues.

Both the Army and Marine Corps use a Remington 700 action and trigger and they have for many decades.

If you are worried enough that you do not trust it have a Triggersmith check it out, it may just be returned with a better trigger.