• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 XCR L/A Thhumb Hook Stock

Chileno

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2014
Hello. First post here.

Recently acquired a Rem 700 ADL in 7 Rem Mag. Turns out its on the recall list so I'm having it sent in for a new trigger. As part of the hassle involved with the recall, Rem offered me--and presumably all others affected-- a one-time 40% off discount on anything and everything offered through their website. I had been tinkering around with idea of swapping the stock out for something a bit more sturdier, and converting it to BDL configuration. Rem offers an XCR thumb hook stock, but does not provide a lot of information about it, nor have I been successful in obtaining any. I would like to know if anyone has ever used this stock and whether it is in ADL or BDL configuration. At 40% off, the price is tempting. Otherwise, I'm thinking of picking up a Choate. I understand that there are many other (more pricier) stock options out there, but I believe one of these two will suit my needs for the time being.

Thanks!

I should add that I plan on shooting primarily prone and will be keeping the factory barrel--at least until it is shot out.

I have one that came on my xcr tactical. It is pretty comfortable and a fairly nice stock for being a cheaper stock. Im not completely sure about this but I think the adl and bdl have the same footprint. You just have to buy the bdl conversion.

It is my understanding that an ADL configured stock will not permit the trigger guard with floor plate, whereas a BDL stock is inletted at the bottom to accept the same. I went ahead and ordered the stock along with the conversion pieces. If I don't like it when it arrive, guess I'll just ship it back.