• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700P question

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
The 700P comes with a internal mag and a H/S Precision stock. Does anyone make an external mag conversion kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and NOT run prepriatory mags?

Thanks!

I assume by proprietary you mean “not wyatts” instead of “not aics”?

Much of the cost is associated with not being able to install it yourself, you comfortable with a dremel?

It would be nice it it took. (308) Pmags, M1 mags... but I'm a dreamer.

Dremel, sure bring it on... but I think I would rather chuck a endmill up if I have 2.

It would be nice it it took. (308) Pmags, M1 mags... but I'm a dreamer.

Dremel, sure bring it on... but I think I would rather chuck a endmill up if I have 2.
Any updates? I just picked one up Saturday and that was the first thing I was looking to do.

Badger Ordnance will inlet the stock for the M5 pattern for $75 if I remember right. Definitely a small price to pay if your dremel skills leave something to be desired!

Then you could drop in the M5 pattern dbm of your choice...

Not sure if they still offer it, but CDI in Florida will inlet your stock for free if you buy their AICS bottom metal.

Reactions: bdotley
AICS style magazines are what you want. Other mags, ie. M-1, FAL, won't fit due to Rem 700 bolt/feed lip geometry. Mods to feed lips lead to expensive headaches that would pay for a different style rifle. PTG bottom metal or other Badger copy, bedded with the pillars that come with it (they provide the proper spacing), is about the least expensive route. Most chassis systems have integral AICS mag bottom metal, a lot of their appeal. There are a couple of other designs out there that are closer to BDL bottom metal but rarely "drop in". You're gonna have to bed it anyway, just do the Badger style.