• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700p trigger??

kool Guyy117

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
Just ordered a remington 700p does anyone know what trigger it will come with I'm hoping for the 40x

If its a new build, its the XMP. The older ones can come with a 40X.

I put a 501T Timney in mine and love it...JMO

There's a couple vendors that seem to get regular shipments that have 40x triggers. I believe it's a situation of a distributer working with Remington to run batches like this. I've purchased them both ways in recent years.

like said before depends on the manufacture date sometimes yes sometimes no, I have seen them both ways over the last couple years. if it's not I say ditch it and get a JEWEL.

Well the rifle should be here In a couple days I'm hoping it's the 40x I've always liked that trigger over the xmp.

Some came with the older standard walker triggers. Depends on the date of manufacture. I bout a 7mm 700p in 2012 with the old style trigger, but it was manufactured in 2006. My .308, manufactured around the same time also had the std trigger, not the X mark crap.

Some came with the older standard walker triggers. Depends on the date of manufacture. I bout a 7mm 700p in 2012 with the old style trigger, but it was manufactured in 2006. My .308, manufactured around the same time also had the std trigger, not the X mark crap.
Oh wow I didn't know some came with the old style trigger I thought it was just the 40x ad x mark pro although inhae never seen a 700p with a x mark on it

Mine both came with 40x triggers when I purchased them last year. Unfortunately, I was not really impressed. Neither trigger will adjust below 2 1/2 lbs. That's not terrible, but I was under the impression that 1.25 was safe and user attainable on the 40x. I'd like to get it right around 2, like my TRG. Oh well, I guess I might need to look at a Timney or Jewell.

Mine both came with 40x triggers when I purchased them last year. Unfortunately, I was not really impressed. Neither trigger will adjust below 2 1/2 lbs. That's not terrible, but I was under the impression that 1.25 was safe and user attainable on the 40x. I'd like to get it right around 2, like my TRG. Oh well, I guess I might need to look at a Timney or Jewell.

Since it is geared for use as a police precision rifle, there is no desire for it to go below 2.5lbs

Rifle finally came in after a long wait it has the 40x trigger on it I'm am very happy

Ive had several Timneys and never had an issue with any of them. Def a great upgrade.