• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 788 tactical stock?

swokdogger

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Oklahoma
Can anyone tell me if there is a stock mfg that inlets for a 788 or if there are any after market stocks for this action? I'm not familiar with it really and have a friend looking for something. Thanks for any input.

Re: Remington 788 tactical stock?

I'm sure there is no budget but he is a major tight wad! I was pretty sure McM could. Has anyone restocked one?

Not tactical, but Boyds has a thumbhole laminated for $80+shipping. Nothing wrong with sturdy laminate. I have a laminate varmint stock on my 700 AAC-SD. You can always paint it camo if you want.

No. The only way to tactically stock a 788 is to build a stock for it. It just really sucks someone is doing that to a 788.
Lot of BR people use them for actions because of the rear bolt lugs and fastest lock time of a production rifle ever.

+1 on the tack driver. A bitch to upgrade. Hard to get your money back if you decide to sell it.