• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Remington 870 gunsmith advice wanted

kaufenpreis

Private
Minuteman
Iv got a 1187 compact 20 gauge for my 7 yr old and its still to long it has a synthic stock can I buy a wooden stock for a 870 20 gauge to cutt short to fit?? Will stock inner change on a 1187 to a 870?? Can't seem to find a wood stock for 1187 but I can find them for the 870! Please help before I waste money. Thank u

IIRC they are different because of the drive spring tube at the rear of the receiver. I built one 11-87 years ago and lots of 870s. I vaguely recall trying to interchange stocks and it not being possible.

You can make it work but it will require a spacer. I just measured one of each and it looks like the recess for the stock bolt washer on the 870 is 2" deeper than the 11-87.

Another thing to consider. If your "compact" is a youth/Ladies model. You can only shorten it about 1/2" without jumping thru hoops.

I can't remember how much is possible but I've cut the action spring tube nut down and relieved the pad to allow it to go inside. Big pain for about an extra 1/2". Might want to look under your pad before you spend your $.

Iv got a 1187 compact 20 gauge for my 7 yr old and its still to long it has a synthic stock can I buy a wooden stock for a 870 20 gauge to cutt short to fit?? Will stock inner change on a 1187 to a 870?? Can't seem to find a wood stock for 1187 but I can find them for the 870! Please help before I waste money. Thank u

You didn't look very hard! PRE-FINISHED REPLACEMENT SHOTGUN STOCKS | Brownells GH