• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Remington acquires AAC

Re: Remington acquires AAC

As an AAC consumer I'm not sure how I feel yet. As someone who is also looking for a monster to buy them out I'm happy for them. We'll see what happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As an AAC consumer I'm not sure how I feel yet. </div></div>

Exactly. I can't see this being good for quality control, but maybe it will raise the awareness level of the average gun owner. Since the old staff seems to be staying on, maybe they can keep the quality up.

I thought Cerberus, the company that owns Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc was going to buy them. Kind of interesting that it appears Remington did so directly. I wonder if this will change their image in the eyes of "sportsmen".

If it all stays listed under Remington Military Products part of the business then the average Remington customer will have no idea. Hopefully that they will allow AAC to operate as is but with some financial and oversite from Big Green. Financial backing from Remington can be a good thing for a small company like AAC and allow them to continue to improve existing and develope new products. R&D can be expensive.................

Time will tell I suppose. It can be a win-win situation.

Hopefully now, they can push products faster out the door.

I thought it was a great thing for them when I saw the ACR packing an AAC can, and have since sent a lot of business there way for that very reason, but I also really hope they maintain the quality and individual attention they always seem to have had. Plus they are the first really "cool" suppressor company with there own line of patches and apparel, I wish them the best either way.

I suppose they wanted to own the source of their recommended cans for the new modular rifle. Seems they're courting a .gov contract.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will be a good thing for many different reasons.

I celebrated. </div></div>

Please expand. I generally don't like the Wall Mart approach but I am not involved in the business. I would like to see some good in this though, as I am not at all over joyed at the idea of consolidating targets for the anti-gunners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will be a good thing for many different reasons.

I celebrated. </div></div>

LOL

Hopefully the R&D team that came up with the X-mark and j-lock won't be allowed near AAC.

Without putting words in Jack's mouth - consider some of the obvious missteps of AAC in the past few years - think an older suit might lend some guidance and stability?

If the original crew can maintain the innovation and combine that with some of the professionalism and manufacturing knowhow and capacity of the parent company - sounds like a potential win for all.

Good luck

According to AAC they are staying the same but w/ improved CS, instock iventory and will have unlimited access to R&D like never before.

They are moving into the new building by Dec, but time will tell how this turns out, hopefully it's for the better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to AAC they are staying the same but w/ improved CS, instock iventory and will have unlimited access to R&D like never before.

They are moving into the new building by Dec, but time will tell how this turns out, hopefully it's for the better. </div></div>

And you Sir, have no experience with press releases and buy outs.

If you're going to get caught up in your reading, might I also suggest looking up non-compete clauses and advisory roles...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They could use an infusion of integrity..... </div></div>

HUH?

Guys,

With no knowledge of this transaction, but a little in related business deals there's a lot we won't/can't know, but what we can surmise is that AAC put themselves in a position with a marketable product and a low enough overhead that they were attractive to a large player. Like I said in my first post as a consumer I don't know how I feel yet, but as a businessman I'm very happy for them.

I'm curious what the buyout EBITA number is for a suppressor company.

The owners of ACC and the other companies that have been bought out, stuffed their pockets, and the employees and clients are at the mercy of the people that bought Remington and the others. No one new what was on the horizon when the outdoor writer on the Remington Show spoke out against the black rifle and it blew up in his face. Long ago the big Company knew something from the inside, to gamble on buying gun related companies when the incoming regieme shouts anti-gun.

I try to avoid all the drama which seems to surround the high-school atmosphere that is the world of suppressors but AAC seems to make pretty good cans and it only makes sense that Remington would want to aquire them as they go after modern military contracts. The M-110 proves suppressors are on the radar of big Army and with Remington's military division ready to push the ACR, it's wise to be prepared for when the next contract requirement drops.

This is a good thing. Other silencer companies should be completely terrified.

LOL, and so should you. Some times big business isn't what its all drummed up to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

My guess would be 5X, since they were approached. Maybe more if they were looking at it from a patents and know-how angle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

My guess would be 5X, since they were approached. Maybe more if they were looking at it from a patents and know-how angle. </div></div>

Funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing.

it took aac almost 6 months to get a serial number to my dealer!!! Hell it cant get much worse than that.

I for one am no AAC fan, and anytime a company is bought by another, the first order is to get as much as of cash you spent to aquire back, ASAP, that means heads roll, cheapening of products to maximize profit, and generally speaking lower quaility, Remington will do all of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I for one am no AAC fan, and anytime a company is bought by another, the first order is to get as much as of cash you spent to aquire back, ASAP, that means heads roll, cheapening of products to maximize profit, and generally speaking lower quaility, Remington will do all of this. </div></div>Considdering that AAC is keeping its name, and keeping its staff. I dont think that the product is going to change. I think Remington is going to make its money back in its millitary contracts that AAC holds ....

When asked why the SCAR still has the old QD system and hasnt been changed and updated .... answer was...... the QD mount that is on it now is what has there when the contract was given by the gubment, we cant change them midstream even if something is better and we update all the newer models with it.

427Cobra,

Did you just watch Michael Moore's "Capitalism"?
smile.gif

I can think of plenty of companies that got bought out and their product was folded into the parent company very successfully. I think the problem occurs when the plucky entrepreneur that made the acquired company great in the first place is bumped aside and replace with market droids from the bigger fish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty the Sako Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">427Cobra,

I think the problem occurs when the plucky entrepreneur that made the acquired company great in the first place is bumped aside and replace with market droids from the bigger fish.</div></div>

And Why does this usually happen?? When you have a person that used to be ceo and now he's a puppet for a higher up(prolly should use a different word) that no longer has say when it comes right down to it, most times theres problems. And when a problem surfaces as they do,as the saying goes shit flows down hill.