• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Arms Chassis System (RACS)

Lucky13

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2010
Red, White and BLue
has anyone heard when this new stock the Remington Arms Chassis System (RACS)will hit the market? I can't seem to find any info on a release date or how much it will be.

Thanks

Re: Remington Arms Chassis System (RACS)

I heard mixed results at SHOT this year, one rep said never and another said a year. I am going to guess never but if they do release it the price will be so high you wouldn't want to buy it anyways.

SH will have some news in the next few days on the chassis used by Remington on rifles like the XM2010.

That chassis is built by someone else, and will finally be brought to the US, so when that happens we'll have access to them here.

I will have a demo chassis to show you all this week, unfortunately for some the only one I can show you is McM TAC 50 model as the rest are in Europe at that trade show. But we'll have more news on the Short and Long Action versions in the next 45 days, at which time they will be available. (delivery around Dec)

Okay, so actually the chassis arrived today...

Sneak Peek before the Video View

Cadex-1.jpg

Cadex-2.jpg

Needless say, they are coming to you soon.

Where is the price located on the site? I've clicked every tab on there including the "Strike" tabs and no pricing is shown anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the price located on the site? I've clicked every tab on there including the "Strike" tabs and no pricing is shown anywhere. </div></div>
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2898044#Post2898044
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drake Associates</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Drake Associates is pleased to announce the Snipershide Cadex Strike Series Group Buy</span></span>

[<span style="font-weight: bold">Delivery Schedule</span>
Delivery Schedule is as follows based upon close date:
Strike 50, New Years / Early January 2012
Strike 33, New Years / Early January 2012
Strike 30, Febuary (second / third week) 2012

<span style="font-weight: bold">Price</span>
Strike 50 $2499 (MSRP $2799)
Strike 33 $2199 (MSRP $2500)
Strike 30 $2199 (MSRP $2500)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ordering</span>You can order directly by using Strike Series Tabs. Once completed you will recieve a confirmation email with your order. Your credit card information will be processed shortly after you recieve your order document.

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">For any questions please contact us:
[email protected]
www.DRAKEASSOCAITES.us
(631)905-1217 direct</span></span> </div></div>

$2500 ?!?!?!?! I better get one so I can be more snipery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mkollman74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$2500 ?!?!?!?! I better get one so I can be more snipery. </div></div>
Pircing is not $2500 for Snipershide members and NO it will not make you more snipery, it will just give you a great chassis.

I am sure it is a great chassis. Just no way I could justify that for a stock/chassis. No insult intended.

You guys are giving folks here a significant price break, and I probably shouldn't be bustin' your chops on price anyhow.

I love the free market, and if the market will bear your price, God love you for it... I hope you sell a bunch.

amazing looking piece of hardware, a little steep but that is a lot of machining. I am intrigued to see how the Remington in the stock holds up to heavy use and how well it ages.

The law of diminishing returns would suggest that this stock's price point is beyond what is reasonable. At some point, no matter how fancy a stock is, it cannot provide a performance return on that price anymore. What is it about this particular stock that really makes it worth that kind of capital?

It looks good. It has an adjustable folding stock. It has rails. I'm assuming actions placed in it shoot well. But what is it about this particular stock that place it at that price point other than manufacturing costs?

Guys
You all raise good points and questions -

Just a few thoughts -
Out side of the 700 short (Strike 30), 700 long action (Strike 33) and the McMillan TAC 50 (Strike 50 chassis), We have ALSO been running the stock on the Stalker Gen 2 rifle(s) and Interceptor Gen 2 rifles with excellent results with the Rangemaster Precision Arms Quadlite actions. This chassis system is definately quite the kit as it allows for modularity and flexibility with using varoius (PEQ, PVS and Thermal systems as well as other accessories).

Yes, it does command a higher price, but the overall product was well worth it as each chassis is custom made for each user.

Also, you might want to consider the steep price tag of what the U.S. Military is paying for a 2010 / M24E, and this is only a small cost of the overall system. Some guys want as close to OEM as they can get as this chassis is the next Gen 2 system with upgrades over the Gen 1 that is being delivered to the US Military.

The concept of different products availablefor a variety of different customers are in perspective with say, two different optics company scope products. Say, both Leupold and Schmidt Bender. Both companies make absolutely great scopes, that basically perform the same function, however it is the additional features and qualities that make the difference between the two. And hence there is a difference in the price tag of one over the other. Same concept applies to a special chassis system component like this.

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments on the chassis systems.

Pardon my confusion on this one. I'm very interested in the idea of getting my hands on the Remington Chassis.

They had a SHOT Show 2011 video featuring it.

Then this says it's made by Cadex.

Made by Drake.

There are clear differences. The noticeably Remington fore-end that's similar between the ACR and MSR platforms are different here (no 45 degrees or groove for cables, for example).

So is Remington officially never releasing their full version, and the Drake/Cadex models are the pricey yet more affordable options? Or should I wait out to see what the full Remington version would be?

Drake does look awesome, and I'm interested in seeing if something like a GAP action would work with it and have a rifle built with that chassis. Just not something I would do with limited information.

That or desert arms IMO.

How is this better than the AX? It certainly costs more, so where is it better?

The Cadex chassis has the advantage of accessing the trigger while keeping the action torqued in the chassis itself. You can also adjust the ergonomics of the Cadex chassis without any torx, allens or spacers. I also like how the Cadex chassis folds to the right and protects the bolt handle.

I'm not sure if those things make it better than a AI AX chassis but those are some of the differences I thought of off the top of my head.

My main question is whether or not Remington is going to release an official Remington version that lives fully up to their specs on the XM2010. Wouldn't mind waiting for the full spec chassis if it were made available. If this is THE deal for releasing that chassis and it won't ever be the exact copy of the XM2010, then I'll live.

I have the AX chassis, and I do like the prospect of the Strike as a better product.

Grips are different. The thick non-ergonomic grips of the AX chassis are hard plastic, and the split seam in the plastic (rear of the grip) can rub the un-gloved hand the wrong way. The Strike looks softer at least and ergonomic.

Plus for the AX chassis is the side cutout that easily allows you to remove and change 10-round magazines without needing to raise the but to lift it high enough.

Plus for the Strike is the truly monolithic upper rail if you're running a clip-on. I hope to some day, so that's big for me. The AX isn't monolithic, though it's nice and light and pretty close to in line.