• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington bolt on a Stiller TAC300?

Krg-Vision

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Can I use a Remington LA bolt on my Stiller TAC300 action? Offcourse it would need some adjustements by my gunsmith, but are there any reasons it wouldn't work?

I have a standard boltface, shooting 280ai and 6.5x55se at the moment. But growing interest in ELR makes me want to get a 300NM imp barrel, and send some heavy A-Tips down range. But, living in Norway, Stiller accessories are hard to come by, but i can easily get hold of Remongton bolts. PTG are also an option, but as with Stiller, hard to come by here I'm afraid. Beeing very satisfied with the rifle I currently use, it would be perfect to get the magnum option in my excisting setup.

So could it be done? Or will I end up getting a second rifle for ELR? :LOL:

Last edited:
Short answer is no the camIng surfaces at the bolt handle are different not a drop in fit. That being said if you had the time and money you can make anything work. Older Sellers the differences were in the bolt handle. Might be able to put an older Stiller handle on a Remington bolt body.

Got an answer from Stiller. They're saying a 300nm imp cant be done on a standard bolt anyway (because of safety issues), I haven't thought of that:(.Then I'm restricted to the ordinary magnums instead, e.g 300winmag, not worth the hazzle i guess.

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY