• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing remington DBM, feed rails, and after market stocks

mattlewis

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
Elizabethton, TN
I have purchased a rem 700 BDL DBM in 7stw. i know that on a typicaly ADL/BDL the feed rails are part of the action, and on the DBM's, the feed rails are part of the detachable magazine.

my question is about aftermarket stocks and bottom metal. if i buy, say a mcmillan, manners, etc, cut out for a Badger DBM would it work with with my DBM bottom metal? even with a little modding required?

are the aftermarket dbm systems designed to work with factory ADL/BDL actions, or do they require feed rail modification? it looks on their website like the magazines do not have feed rails. can anybody verify any of this?

the idea is, i want to upgrade this rifle, and used stocks help my budget out a little.

Re: remington DBM, feed rails, and after market stocks

lets try this again. i'm pretty sure after researching it that most of the aftermarket rem 700 dbm systems (badger, seekins, etc) are designed to work with BDL/ADL actions, and as such would have no feed rails on the magazines.

can anybody verify this? i have a factory 700 DBM i may want to build off of, but it seems to be a bastard as far as finding stocks to build off of. if so, i'd be better off scrapping that idea.

i'm in the same boat as you, not necessarily wanting to do a build, but i would like to replace my factory plastic stock. looksl ike the b&c alaskanII will work with the dbm, but stocky's is out of stock at the moment. i will probably call/email them and see if it will be a direct replacement.

i have one of those. it's better than tupperware, but not great. if i decide to go a different direction and sell it i'll let you know.

i just got my first b&c alaskan and the bedding compound is actually curing right now. the forearm is a little flimsier than i was hoping for with the full length block. my current tupperware stock shifts impact points when i attach my bipod, so i'd like to find something decent to replace it with. mine is a hunting rifle though, so weight is a concern. if you decide to get rid of the band c let me know.
thanks
john

will do. the rifle is not even in my possession yet, but i have the stock from another one just like it.