• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Has No Plans to Leave New York

Since this last round of gun control legislation, there are several firearms companies that I will choose not to buy from now.

While i'd love to say i'm proud to have remington in my home state... currently under their current ownership they can put much together right. Looking at the lever guns at the LGS and all four of remington rifles and shotguns came with some issue some bigger than others. Now that they are sorted out I love the three I have to death but getting there was rough. I wish they'd move and get some more intelligent prideful people making these firearms.

(and I'm sure there are very good people there but there are departments down the line that aren't all that hot... Look at a dovetail on a marlin 336 you'd cry.)

Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin, DPMS, EOTAC, Barns and other companies that make 33% of all the ammo sold at retail in the US are owned by Cerberus Capital under their freedom group brand. It sounds like they may sell these companies. Under new management they might be better run. Cerberus Capital selling Freedom Group after Newtown Outcry - Hartford Courant

"After Outcry, Firm That Owns Bushmaster, Remington, Marlin Is Leaving Firearms Industry
December 18, 2012
The private equity firm that owns Remington Arms, Marlin Firearms and Bushmaster, which made the gun used in the Newtown killings, is selling the businesses as a result of the outcry over weapons since Friday.
Those gun-makers and several others are part of a company called Freedom Group, a dominant force in the firearms industry in the past five years. Freedom Group was assembled and is 95 percent owned by Cerberus Capital Management, which said in a statement Tuesday that it will sell the group of companies.

"

You guys sound like packing up and leaving, relocating is one easy task. Especially when 90 percent of your employees probably won't make the move.

You guys sound like packing up and leaving, relocating is one easy task. Especially when 90 percent of your employees probably won't make the move.

Agree

Moving an entire company is not easy, its very expensive and hard on its employees.

Does anyone think the employees of Remington voted"........" or that they approved of gun control?

That they should be held personally responsible for the mental defects and impulsive decisions of their neighbors?

The anti 2A crowd is winning with the tried and true tactic of divide and conquer. One needn't look any further than this thread for the proof of that.

This is very disappointing, I understand its hard on a company as big as remington to move. But they wont need to move when everything is banned, they will be out of busniess. So a better play would be to not stand for the 2A attacks like this by moving. But who am I, not a CEO just a hill billy.

"The state of New York has granted Remington millions of dollars over the years to upgrade and renovate their Illion facilities, almost $6 million just recently."

Here is why they are staying, tax dollars at work.

"The state of New York has granted Remington millions of dollars over the years to upgrade and renovate their Illion facilities, almost $6 million just recently."

Here is why they are staying, tax dollars at work.

The true essence of the whole equation . Financial engineering courtesy the government. Social engineering courtesy the government(gun control).

Elected officials know BEST.

If the new laws do not effect them building firearms then why move? Also Lets support them for standing ground.

If the new laws do not effect them building firearms then why move? Also Lets support them for standing ground.

I think I will support a boycott instead. Hard to move? Hard on employees? They should move out of that sinkhole to a free state anyway and if they (employees) don't it will create jobs in the new location. Staying says it's alright. It's not alright to steal our freedom. I will refuse to buy any Remington brand product. Also, I will boycott all the states that are passing these laws.
I will support the companies that choose freedom not serfdom.

They (Cerberus) don't give a crap about politics, they care about money. NY gives them millions of dollars to stay, they stay. Someone comes along and offers them a better deal, they move. Laws are for the little people, these guys have breakfast with bernanke, and he buys.