• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington LTR 18 inch Creedmoor!

Tazman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2004
Indiana
I received my re-barrel and trued Remington LTR conversion today. It looks amazing. As some of you know, I had DMR replace the 20 inch .308 barrel with a 18 inch Proof Sendero Carbon threaded barrel. They trued the action and installed a new recoil lug along with cerekoting the action and stainless part of the barrel SIG grey. The bolt was cerekoted black. I haven't shot it yet but it is light and very handy as a truck gun. I had a MPA 6.5 muzzle brake I installed for now but DMR timed my suppressor muzzle brake to use later on. I may attempt to paint the stock myself but haven't decided yet.

image0 (5).jpeg
image1 (7).jpeg

Can I ask how much your proof barrel was? Very nice build.

image0 (6).jpeg

My wife paid the invoice and it doesn't have everything listed separate. The entire build was $1750.

Reactions: 2c1fr
It was a budget build for fun but I wish I knew someone on here that would help us out with painting the stock. We would like to do it like the Gunwerks stocks that have the orange accent on them and two shades or grey.

It was a budget build for fun but I wish I knew someone on here that would help us out with painting the stock. We would like to do it like the Gunwerks stocks that have the orange accent on them and two shades or grey.

You can literally do that yourself. I actually really enjoy painting.

Buy some rustoleum cans in whatever colors you want, and go to town with it. You can either look for stencils online or make them yourself.

On this thread, you can see how I painted my rifle myself. Until this day, it's holding up pretty good...

That looks pretty cool. I have been watching video on hydro dipping with spraying paint on water.

I've been asked a few times to duplicate the GunWerks stocks, but nothing has come in for it yet. I don't see it being outside of the realm of my capabilities, but I never know until I try.

Branden

The goal was to keep it light and short. I threw a FFP PST on it instead of a larger optic to try and keep it light but still FFP. I am loading up some 140 Bergers and 127 amax to test and break in the barrel today. Provided the wind is not still blowing 40mph here in Indiana.

Just a quick update; Changed the muzzle brake to a new Gen 3 APA and loaded up some 140 Bergers for testing. I started at 46 grains with a Fed 210 primer but couldn't get the speed and had incomplete burn with RL26 along with erratic velocity. I switched to a 215 primer and 45 grains then worked up to 46 grains of RL26. 5 shot groups are .437 and running 2695fps average with a ES of 8. It shoots really good and I will need to work with seating depth and powder charge once the barrel is broke in. Only 23 rounds through it but I think this may be the perfect rifle for me.

I am going to load up some higher charge weight to test along with playing with seating depth but I figure the barrel will speed up just a little. My overall goal was 2720-2750FPS with this short barrel and it appears it is achievable with RL26. I have not tried other powders at this point but so far it's a fun little rifle.

Reactions: Dill