• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington LTR question

rweldon

Sergeant
Minuteman
My buddy is looking at a couple of different NIB Remington LTR's as am I. My question is...Is the older version with the 40X trigger a better choice than buying a newer version with the X-Mark Pro trigger. The newer version can be found about $100 cheaper...money that you could use toward an aftermarket trigger. I have heard that an adjusted factory 40X trigger is better than an aftermarket trigger. Any thoughts?

Re: Remington LTR question

I don't think the LTR's ever came with 40x triggers. We have them as work guns and and were not happy with them overall. Maybe for a hunting rifle or something to bang steel with but for an operational gun,not. We are switching to a PGWDTI Coyote, more money but you get what you pay for. I think the citizens you serve deserve it. Just my opinion.

I know nothing about the 40x trigger but, the xmark my LTR came with was pretty crappy. I swapped it to a Timney right away.

The LTR I had (made in 2006) had a 40X trigger and it is much nicer IMO than the X-Mark-Pro. I think it's a great rifle and only sold it to finance a custom build (not having taxpayers to hit up so I could serve them what they deserve). In this case, if you can get the rifle without it for $100 less, well that's most of the way to a new Timney trigger.

What's the stock like though? Any newer one I've seen had the Hogue, which just did not feel as high-quality or "right" - at least in my hands.

I would spend a few hundred more and get an XCR Compact Tactical (same spec and fluting as the LTR), or just get a 20" 5R. Both models have stainless steel barrels and actions, and the XCR comes with the 40X trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank440</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of problems did you have with the LTR's ? ours work just fine </div></div>

When you buy an off the shelf mass produced factory rifle, its a crap shoot with what you get. Accuracy was questionable with more than one,loose swivel studs etc. Also the stock is not adjustable for length of pull or for height which it should be on a sniper grade rifle, which I don't think a factory LTR is.