• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington M24 ASA questions. Did they ship with a hard case?

superdave269

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2022
PA
As I am moving along on my build I have been wondering if the limited run of 500 ASA 1987 M24 rifles shipped with a Pelican hard case. If they did which case would it of been? I do want to purchase a case but don't want to buy the wrong one. I do not want the thick deployment case, but what case with the limited edition rifles or what would of been used in the field or sniper school.
From what I came up with based on pics of M24 rifles for sale some seem to come with a hard case I assume is a Pelican case while others don't have any case or an obvious incorrect case that I assume the seller is including to help prevent damage while shipping. Did the seller keep the case or did Remington run out of cases and ship some of the 500 ASA rifles just in a wide cardboard box?
Any help on what case I should pick up for a ASA M24 rifle would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• with case.jpg
    with case.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 79
  • no case.jpg
    no case.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 81
My ASA came in a generic rifle case (Plano ProMax PillarLock Scoped Rifle Case), it was garbage.
The only hard case that came with the original system is the Hardigg deployment case.
Additionally there was an Allen Soft Case, and an Eagle drag bag on the Additional Authorized List.

Reactions: superdave269
Thank you retro-Cow. Your information was exactly what I was looking for. I happen to track down the original owner of my ASA M24. Never thought I would find him. He told me his was one of not the last one Eurooptic had in stock. It shipped with no case just in a cardboard box. He actually wondered if someone in their warehouse liberated it for themselves.
I guess now what I need is some suggestions regarding a nice hardcase.

The Pelican iM3300 will be your best bet. There should still be plenty of sources of pre-cut foam for the M24A2 that will be fine for the M24.
It is a little heavy, but so is any hard case of decent quality.

Reactions: superdave269