• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Remington Model 7 Scope Bases

Ranger2co

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2020
I just purchased a Remington Model 7 (older model) in 260 Remington for my 11 year old son. This will be his hunting rifle. I need a base and rings. I'm thinking about buying a Warne one piece base. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

And this is my first post on SH.

Is this an older three hole action or the newer "4 whole" spacing? If its the older three hole action I think your options in a one piece rail are limited to something like a burris/leupold turn in style base. If its a 4 whole action then there are several makers of one piece picatinny rails, of which I like Warne for a well made product at a good price.. I ran a one piece base on a model 7 for awhile but replaced it with Talley Lightweights because the rail made it difficult for me to top load the internal box magazine because of the smallish ejection port, this may or may not be an issue to you. The other issue could be comb height. Using a one piece base may make it difficult for an 11 yr old to get a good cheek weld with a factory type stock, which are rather trim without a lot of comb height. Again, that may or may not be an issue for you or one could build up the comb with a stock pack or foam/duct tape method.

Reactions: Ranger2co
EGW makes a nice 20 MOA base that works with 3 or 4 hole receivers. They sell a 8-40 kit if your receiver uses those size screws.

ALL I USE ON ANY BULDS ARE SEEKINS 20 MOA BASE AND SEEKINS MED RINGS FOR 50MM AND HIGH FOR LARGER OBJECTIVE LIKE THE 56MM OBJECTIVE CANT GO WRONG WITH SEEKINS.

If you do a two piece base with Burris XTR rings you will have more room in the loading gate area, as well as all the adjustment for any misalignment of the mounting holes to bore center line.

On my hunting rifles I use DNZ mounts. One piece mount and rings. Also keeps your check weld low. Check out their game reaper mount.

Thanks. I’ve heard great reviews on BO.
Is this an older three hole action or the newer "4 whole" spacing? If its the older three hole action I think your options in a one piece rail are limited to something like a burris/leupold turn in style base. If its a 4 whole action then there are several makers of one piece picatinny rails, of which I like Warne for a well made product at a good price.. I ran a one piece base on a model 7 for awhile but replaced it with Talley Lightweights because the rail made it difficult for me to top load the internal box magazine because of the smallish ejection port, this may or may not be an issue to you. The other issue could be comb height. Using a one piece base may make it difficult for an 11 yr old to get a good cheek weld with a factory type stock, which are rather trim without a lot of comb height. Again, that may or may not be an issue for you or one could build up the comb with a stock pack or foam/duct tape method.
It's the 3 hole action so the one piece is the best/only option. Warne has a one piece that looks like a good option for the older models. Thanks for the advice.

So I just bought a model 7 HS SS in 308. Was thinking of going with a 0 degree one piece. Not much out there. What are your options on the warne two piece?

So I just bought a model 7 HS SS in 308. Was thinking of going with a 0 degree one piece. Not much out there. What are your options on the warne two piece?
Hi, I just bought eh exact same rifle. What sis you end up doing for mounts and a scope?

Thanks

I usually go with EGW bases and rings. In my case, I am waiting on a set of Talley base/ring lightweight units.