• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington MSR / PSR bolts

physhphude

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2011
FL
I wanted to let everyone know we are working to produce some of the missing MSR/PSR parts. These are awesome rifles, but it seems like there are more chassis’s and actions than bolt bodies and other small parts.

Currently we are working on the bolt stop, bolt body, and firing pin assembly.

If anyone has knowledge about the system,
experience or connections in producing a small run of parts like this please let me know.

Please comment with which parts you need as well as the quantity.

I will keep everyone updated with the progress here as well.

The parts will be marked to indicate that they are not factory original parts. But should function and appear like the factory parts.

When we get to production, Kace at Raider Outdoors will be handling distribution in a separate post. https://raideroutdoors.com/

00522C94-C736-4B47-964F-1EF56A71E77B.jpeg
88B67B08-D8D1-4F62-8C1E-971832C992FA.jpeg
1C2D678A-39EB-4644-859E-F24C25AF1936.jpeg

More info about your base metal and heat treating would be nice.
We have not gotten to that point yet. Still working on the drawings and finding an outfit to manufacture the parts. A small scale production run is very difficult so we need to know how many units are needed.

If you have knowledge or information on appropriate bolt body materials and heat treatments, feel free to share. Likely it will be a medium carbon chromoly like 4130-4140 and nitrided. But I do not have much knowledge on this subject. Fortunately the bolt body is not a high stress part. (The bolt head, of which factory components are relatively available, take all of the load in this rifle)

Awesome to see you pumping out parts that don't exist!

How many (approximately) MSR/PSR made it to civilian hands?

Reactions: Digetydog
I support this endeavor! I need the following parts: bolt stop, bolt body, bolt handle, firing pin assembly, barrel nut.

You should contact Dave Tooley at Tooley Custom Rifles in NC.

For the MSR's that are still in service with the Spec. Forces guys we make the barrels and Dave does the finish work and delivers them.

He would know really good if any spare parts are needed for Big Army.

Barrel extensions I think are needed as well.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

PS I got to shoot one of the first 4 pre production rifles out to 1200 yards when they brought a couple of rifles to the shop here. Those where in 338 Lapua. We also made a lot of the pre production barrels as well.

Bumping this post.

Please let me know if you want to be in the list.

If anyone wants to help with the project please contact me. As of right now, the parties involved in making the parts have all acquired bolts so there isn't much progress right now.