• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington MSR?

Re: Remington MSR?

Well since it isn't even available to the civilian market (if ever) not many have had the opportunity to shoot it unless you are a government type or rub elbows with someone in the know.

True, its not available to the civilian market, but there are enough people here in the know to have shot one and to see if it is viable for the civilian market in the future. I have seen some company reps on here.

the chassis is the only thing available to the civillain market right now

The stock is very similar to the JP MOR-07 chassis with round forend/pic. side rails, and those are only $1000 and available through brownells.

The trigger isn't my favorite (X-Mark) but by the time it's actually in use it probably won't have that trigger. A lot of people have blogged about the stock and not liking it. For what it's designed - it's the cats meow. It's not the type of rifle that you're going to carry like the M24/M40. It will be packed in and employed in place. It was more accurate than the 1" MOA it lists. Probably closer to .75 or less.

At least the 338LM is getting a good shot at getting to the guys with boots on the ground, I know some spec ops units are playing with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stock is very similar to the JP MOR-07 chassis with round forend/pic. side rails, and those are only $1000 and available through brownells. </div></div>

In my opinion that is not true.

When viewed from 300 yards with the naked eye, they may look "similar" but that is about it.
While not a fan of the MSR stock, it is its own thing for sure. Everything from the materials, hinge design, mounting block for the action, weight and finish are different. The MSR chassis will retain the monolithic rail on top which is quite tall. Accordingly most shooters will have a very high cheek piece setting.

Also note that the MSR stock folds to the right and covers/secures the heavily recontoured bolt handle. The MSR chassis for the M700/40X reverses the stock fold direction to the left. Most other aspects are the same.

Not a knock against the JP. They are totally different animals with totally different materials and construction. Don't look for the MSR chassis to be priced parallel to the JP.

the MSR stocks they had at SHOT show would not lock and hold by the end of the show. They were very interesting to look at. I would just question if this was preproduction unit or if it is a sign of things to come....

So is there any word on if/when they will make it to the civilian market, or just the tease it may happen