• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington PSR Full Kit Serial Number Question ECMSR vs MSR

BigDawg308

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2006
Cumming, GA
I’m looking for some serial number information on the Remington PSR full kit with .338Lapua, .300WinMag, and .308 Winchester barrels. I have the opportunity to pick the kit up at what I think is a reasonable price. I have two to choose from, though. Both are NIB. One has a serial number of ECMSR000XX and the other has a serial number of MSR00XXX. Does anyone know the significance or history behind the two different serials? The ECMSR has 3 zeros and 2 digits. The MSR has 2 zeros and 3 digits. Is one more collectible than the other? Were the EC’s early units, and the MSR’s later units? Vice versa? Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. One of those two kits is coming home with me on Thursday.

Do you have pics? One version has the M2010 chassis which is the old version. I would say it was more of a demo version of the MSR. The other has the skeletonize butt stock.

I'd call EuroOptic since they're the ones who sold the kits.

EO bought basically what Remington had left from what I understand. I remember briefly talking to Jason about them and I believe the decision may have been to break the kits down into individual caliber units if they didn't sell as full kits. That may be the serial number difference there.

Collectible? Pretty neutral I would have to say (hence why they have had stock for over 3 years). Back when I got mine you could just get the rifle without the kit. I cared not one bit for the kit because the Remington barrels are total shit... the reason they lost the contract to begin with.

You are unfortunately buying a platform that has zero support, parts, barrel extensions, etc. available. If you need something for this platform (misc repair parts, firing pin, etc) you will be machining or shopping for comparable parts. Barrel extensions you'll have to use the ones that come on the factory barrels - or have some machined also.

I know - I have been down this road!

• Sad
Reactions: Ehtacs