• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Recall

So now Remington/big brother now know where every Rem rifle in the country is???? Hmmm..... How about they publish a serial number range so everyone can check their own.

I much rather just buy a Timney or a Jewell and call it done. Now I have an excuse. Safety first I guess ha ha!

Last edited:
Ugghhh the only Remington 700 I own....

13790433583_c114b5dc63_n.jpg

I much rather just buy a Timney or a Jewell and call it done. Now I have an excuse. Safety first I guess ha ha!

Three 700s in a row, three X-Marks in a row straight into the trash and replaced by Timneys. I couldn't happier, especially in view of the recall.

Well that makes me speed up my new trigger purchase. I'm disappointed in Remington all around nowadays.

It's refreshing to see that they finally confessed that their shitty triggers are indeed shitty triggers.

Midway has Timney triggers on sale right now. Might as well have a good excuse to tell the significant other.

The xmark pro trigger is crap anyways.

I wonder if they will buy my bag of Xmark triggers I have accumulated lol.

Just got off with Remington CS and when I asked if i could just send back the trigger group,since i'm replacing it with a Timney, women replied that "they are being very strict about sending back the whole rifle so they can do a safety check...and to wait a little while because they are swamped and maybe later they can just swap out the trigger".

Timney, Shilen, etc..... must be creaming their jeans ! $150.00 just sent to Brownells :)

Yes to the tune of some 799,998 Potential Sales since you and I bought ours already

Still have the receipt for my 700 I sold and well it was on the list as well. Go custom and one will never have to deal with their recalls again.

here we go again. I am still dealing with my pile of crap xds 45 it has been back 3 times

on a second note we should make this a sticky, would be nice to know what is being recalled

That is what I did. I have already have a Jewell on another 700, and I was just looking for an excuse. I'm going to send just the XMP trigger group to Remington and see what happens...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got off with Remington CS and when I asked if i could just send back the trigger group,since i'm replacing it with a Timney, women replied that "they are being very strict about sending back the whole rifle so they can do a safety check...and to wait a little while because they are swamped and maybe later they can just swap out the trigger".

You would think that they would have 1 million and one actions just laying around to set up a jig to do safety checks. Then they could slam the bolt shut all they want.

Not to mention my rifle would be the one junior drops on the shop floor before stuffing it back in the box. I don't think so junior.

what do i do im in australia and the itardation was bad enough for a stock and rings :S