• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Sendero?

Waterdogs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Idaho
cottonwoodretrievers.com
I am new to the forum and had a few questions. I am looking at purchasing a new gun and have found several Sendero 25-06 a few used and one pretty much brand new. What is your guys thought on the Sendero. How do they shoot. I am not really sure what these guns are worth either. Will I have to put a different trigger in one. I am a hunter I reload and have a old custom 25-06 that I have shot since I was twelve that I am retiring. I have two 300 win mags I also shoot but I just do not shoot them as well as the 25-06. I shoot them great on paper but I missed a few antelope last season. I think in big part I do not shoot near as much as I use to. That is going to change though. Thanks for any info and advice.

Re: Remington Sendero?

I can't speak for the 25-06 but my dads sendero shoots great. It's a real nice gun and especially if you reload you are golden. Trigger is good but it varies shooter to shooter preference wise. Can't say what a used one goes for but they aren't cheap new. Check around on gunbroker and see what they are going for.

The Senderos tend to be quite accurate. As for the trigger - if it is a few years old at least, it will likely have the old-style remington trigger. A little tune-up and you'll have a fantastic trigger for much less cash outlay than a replacement one would cost you.

I did finally get the Timney I ordered for it. Its the new straight trigger. Its a very crisp 1.5lb. Ive yet to shoot it again with the new trigger in it.

I have a Timney in my 300 and like it. The gun I think I am going to get is one I found at Cabela's 999 looks like it's in good shape they are sending it to the Boise store. Not sure if it is a good price but I don't think the gun has been shot. I saw one on hear for 850.

I had a Sendero a few years ago in 7mm Rem Mag. Looking back, I regret letting that rifle go, as it was super accurate. Especially as one poster above put it "if you reload, you're golden". I also put the Jewel trigger on it. Good luck in your choice - they are nice rifles, IMO.

I have been around a few Senderos, though none of them have been 25-06. They have all been shooters with the exception of one. That particular rifle has an oblong chamber, and Remington was not willing to take responsibility on it. It left a bad taste in my buddies mouth. However, my 300RUM Sendero SFII is lights out.

Have one in .264 Win Mag. Like the palm swell, LOP for me is spot on, 5'10" average Joe. Channel to barrel clearance is as it should be. Mine is HS stock, are all after a certain manufacture date? Did have it rebarreled recently, got to where it didn't like to shoot 142SMK's and I couldn't find the lands anymore, 3K rounds later.

I assume you want to hunt with it. Are you dead set on that caliber?

get it.. I have one in the 25-06 and its a great gun. couple of my buddies have used it on deer and they love it to. For me it has taken mulies, whitetail, antelope, and elk. Deer size game the 100 gr triple shock rock'em.

I bought the new sendero II in the 300 RUM. After a little work, Badger bolt knob, bedded, break, and a trigger job. This shoots bug holes at 100 Yards. My smith worked over the Xmark and got it to break like glass at 1 lb-12 oz. I absoutly love it. And it only cost $65.00 for a trigger job.
1311719111.jpg

I've got one in a 22-250 that I had the old style trigger worked on. It's way more rifle than shooter.

I really like the Sendero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the new sendero II in the 300 RUM. After a little work, Badger bolt knob, bedded, break, and a trigger job. This shoots bug holes at 100 Yards. My smith worked over the Xmark and got it to break like glass at 1 lb-12 oz. I absoutly love it. And it only cost $65.00 for a trigger job.
1311719111.jpg
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Nice work done on the rifle!!! Thanks for sharing!</span>

sendero is great...have 25-06 and 270 win and both shoot fine. temperamental on bullet weight though, so you'll have to try a few different weights...

I've got a sendero in .264 win mag that shoots extremely well too. It loves the 140 grain amax's and the 130 grain Nosler accubonds. My dad has one in .22-250 that shoots better than either of us can, but it is kind of poky about powder and bullets. Shoots everything at around 1/2" at 100 until you find something it really likes. Then it'll shoot tiny little clusters.

Dad has a couple of .25-06 that I load for too. I killed my first several whitetails with that cartridge. Haven't done much else other hunt at reasonably close ranges an do some load development with the cartridge. both of the ones I've played with have been pretty picky about bullets. One really prefers light bullets, the other really seems to like anything with a polymer tip.

I had one in 25-06 and now have a 300WM SF2. They are very good out of the box rifles and make a good base for a complete build when you shoot the barrel out of it. My 300WM loves the 208AMAX bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one in a 22-250 that I had the old style trigger worked on. It's way more rifle than shooter.

I really like the Sendero. </div></div>

If it's a short action, it's not a Sendero. Senderos are long action only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Factory 7mm RM Sendero.... Any Questions ??

34601Retumbo.JPG
</div></div>

Helluva group SM======> what boolit/primer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marku</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those look like 168gr Berger VLD holes </div></div>

yup yup

The Sendero rifles are great rifles and very accurate. I shoot reloads through mine. I'm very impressed.

Aron-

I have one of the first ones in 300 ultra mag, sent it to GAP they put a bolt knob and a muzzle break on it, it shoots about 1/2 inch groups at 200 yards, and is very plesent to shoot with the break on it... I would highly recomend one ...
M