• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington shipping ammo again

The problem I see is that once the ammo makes it to the stores, people will hoard it up and still sell it for an inflated price.

Reactions: Animal357
Ready to see $8 sts shells at chinamart again, hopefully.

Don't get your hopes up........
Before they went under I bought a box .357 JSP and found one loaded with a FMJ that was 1/2 pushed into the case. I called them to see what the deal was and the guy tells me they make so much ammo sometimes they just mess up.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Before they went under I bought a box .357 JSP and found one loaded with a FMJ that was 1/2 pushed into the case. I called them to see what the deal was and the guy tells me they make so much ammo sometimes they just mess up.
Lol, 1 out of 50 at reg prices today would be a steal.

Reactions: Ruger1300
I stopped buying Rem ammo years ago due to bad quality. Hopefully the new owners will do a better job

A friend was having feeding problems with his 9mm. I looked at his Remington ammo and every cartridge had a different length.

My experience with Rem. ammo, it ALL sucked, except some of their hunting loads. I will admit, I use to use their defense loads, wasn't real impressed, so, went back to Federal. ymmv. Mac

As shitty as we think it is if it gets snapped up first instead of better ammo we shoot then it’s a win in my book bc it should leave the other ammo on the shelf longer
I'd hope federal upped the QC to their normal levels. You know they didn't leave any Remington hold-overs on that.

lol so you guys are why I scored some Remington ammo cheap several times :)

I can't recall the year, but one black friday in the not so distant past I remember Remington having a mail in rebate on top of black friday pricing. If I remember right, I was getting 9mm for $5 box after rebate. I bought as much as I could.

Gen 1 Glock 17 ate it all and never skipped a beat

Golden Bullet 22 was the worst Remington ammo for me, that stuff wasn't even worth shooting.

You are prob right. I can’t find any information stating the employees they let go were recalled
Wouldn't surprise me if they brought back machinists and operators. But considering Remington's management I'm sure none of them got a call.

When I was 13 years old I shot a raghorn elk at 30 yards NINE TIMES, 30-06 using Remington Core-Lokt. All nine were to the vitals, three of them were to the neck. Remington bullets is one of the main reasons that I got into reloading later in life.

When I was 13 years old I shot a raghorn elk at 30 yards NINE TIMES, 30-06 using Remington Core-Lokt. All nine were to the vitals, three of them were to the neck. Remington bullets is one of the main reasons that I got into reloading later in life.

You were too close. The bullets need more time to get up to speed............

Bullets are still asleep before 100 yards and you expect them to wake up and kill something at 30?

• Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Dont have much experience with the green and white (er, yellow) box stuff, more of a federal fan.

So no opinion either way except...

Cant hurt to have more ammo on the market, so theres that.

Paul Harrell shoots the shit out of it (at least in his videos over the years...), seems ok.

Maybe ole fella just had an extraordinary will to survive...

I was sighting in my .243 with walmart Remington Core-Loct. Could not get it on paper at 100y. Also kept hearing what I thought was a secondary report and a black mist a few yards from the muzzle. Turns out the bullets were self destructing as they left the barrel and the cloud was lead/copper.

I was sighting in my .243 with walmart Remington Core-Loct. Could not get it on paper at 100y. Also kept hearing what I thought was a secondary report and a black mist a few yards from the muzzle. Turns out the bullets were self destructing as they left the barrel and the cloud was lead/copper.

Now that's something you don't see every day.

Reactions: timesublime
Now that's something you don't see every day.
Was at a PRS match and watched a guy go 8 for 8 on the ”skills barricade.” One of the guys in the squad said every other bullet (or so) was disintegrating at about 100. Enough of the bullet was making it to the target to move the steel.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
My local Dunham's got bricks of Thunderbolts in for $37.99 plus tax.