• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington SPS tactical in 308

Re: Remington SPS tactical in 308

Price is listed as $540.00. If Remington is still offering the $40.00 rebate you're getting an excellent value. Even without the rebate it is a very good deal.

As to trading your Dan Wesson, I guess it depends on what you have. I really liked those switch barrel revolvers they made: is that what we're talking about?

I have a dan wesson CBOB in 45acp ,I have 2 so its okay to give one away, the price of my 1911 is $850 trade value, its still new i just shot 50 rounds through it..

Well then you should have plenty left over for mounts, rings, bipod, and a good selection of match ammo. Scope's a whole nuther kettle-o-fish. You were going to sell it not trade right? Trade is problematic...

It will be a straight up trade with the rifle and scope, i have rings and bases already..

Just Got it today..

Hello guys well here she is, My latest LR rifle..Rem SPS Tactical in 308..
the scope is burris 4.5x14x42..
remingtonsps308001.jpg

remingtonsps308003.jpg

Re: Just Got it today..

First post, let me say congratulations, it looks good. I don't understand though why it's the second time now I've seen an SPS Tactical with a VTR stock on it. I understand it should say Tactical on the barrel, but the one I got is the regular Hogue one. Also, I had heard people saying the SPS Tactical was being discontinued, and others would say that it is not. I just looked on the Remington site, and the Tactical is actually not there anymore, at least where I was used to seeing it. They did update it looks like. If that's true I'm just very happy that I found one a few weeks ago hidden in a local shop's stock, they didn't know they had one until they looked. Anyway nothing wrong with the stock, I just wonder why they're coming out that way lately. Congratulations again, and the scope has a nice look with it.

The sps tactical is gone form remingtons lineup.My dealers brother works for remington and he said it was taking off their lineup for 2009

Well then, that's that. I did have one dealer say so too, followed by 3 who said no way. Any insight as to why? It seemed like a good seller, so I'm hoping that they were just giving up too much value for them to afford. Also wonder if the Tactical actions got into the Varminter stocks as surplus where the Hogues ran out of inventory first. Sure am glad I got mine.

Nice set up, enjoy! These rifle shoot real good after a brief breakin period.

Well, I'm glad I got mine too. (Actually I own two.) I rather like the Hogue stock. Very rugged and comfortable.

Seems like in American manufacturing, when they develop something good, someone has to mess with it.

Sherlok

My guess is that you'll see several vendors go away from anything that even hints at the word tactical given the new administration. Just my opinion.

1st time out..

Hello guys here are my groupings that i got after sighting, all shots at 100yds using wolf and PMC factory ammo, I can't remeber the weight of the wolf i think it was 150gr..I was having some issues with the mag, sometimes the bolt does not load the ammo unless i was loading it wrong, can i change the mag to a detachable one??

remingtonsps308target001.jpg

Re: 1st time out..

Nice pick up...just bought one of these several weeks ago as well, and I really enjoy it. That is odd that they have the vtr stock on there...huh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el_flasko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice pick up...just bought one of these several weeks ago as well, and I really enjoy it. That is odd that they have the vtr stock on there...huh.

</div></div>

Mine came like that as well, though I replaced the stock a couple months ago.

Vikz,

She's crying out for some match ammo! Though I can't blame you for wanting to take her out, I hope you keep cleaning it thoroughly after each shot for the first 4000 shots to break her in properly...

Kidding.

Congrats. I just got mine as well and just finished breaking her in. I am loving it! Definitely get some match ammo... here's what my groups looked like right after break in with Federal Gold SMK... link

The SPS Tactical has not been discontinued... I called Remington personally and asked a rep about the gun... They said they have had many calls about it and its not being discontinued because it is way to popular of a selling gun. They are just scarce like anything right now branded "tactical". As for the website, there is no link on the website but I had the link bookmarked and I can still pull it up.

If you notice on the website the link for "Premier Dealers" is absent... I highly doubt they discontinued all their guns that you can only get through Premier Dealers. But if you search Google for Remington SPS Tactical it will bring up the Remington page for the SPS Tactical and all the other Premier Dealer only guns.