• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

REMINGTON TACTICAL RIFLES

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
I see and hear a lot about remington 700 sps,varmit&short tactical. Also custom made rifles on the 700 platform. Has any one seen, used or owened or owened a Remington XM3 or 40-XS or 40-XB ? Also what is the differece between a R700 & R40 series ?

Re: REMINGTON TACTICAL RIFLES

OWN both a 40X and 700. They are alike but different. Once a gunsmith gets ahold of them they can pretty much be the same action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Owned**

</div></div>
Are you saying you "owned" one?

I think he was pointing out for your future reference that there is no 'e' in 'own'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Owned**

</div></div>

Glad we have the spelling police to check up on us

own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own KYS338 may I be dismiss from class now ?

See what happens? You make fun of the spelling police and alert the profile police. Welcome to the Hide!

John

This thread has bad juju:

First the OP pissed off the Spelling Police.

Then he enraged the ire of the Boltripper, of Profile Police fame.

And on a mere slip of a RebelYell tongue, brought forth the Master of Disaster, our esteemed Leader....Lowlight himself.

Only by the sacrifice of a live chicken on the sacred shooting mat, can the gods be appeased. If not, a pox will be upon your barrels and bullets, and hither will they wander without purpose.......
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own KYS338 may I be dismiss from class now ? </div></div>
Only if you can use the proper tense of "dismiss"

lol i'm just fuckin' with you!
wink.gif

Seventy more post and I have something to sell...I am almost giddy with anticipation.

Thanks guys after reading all these spelling and grammer corrections my Inglish is much more better then it used to was.

Lol! and the best part is that we never got a difinitive answer on the original question. not one. stupid grammer nazis..... :) lol

---Mortis de Eminus---

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see and hear a lot about remington 700 sps,varmit&short tactical. Also custom made rifles on the 700 platform. Has any one seen, used or owened or owened a Remington XM3 or 40-XS or 40-XB ? Also what is the differece between a R700 & R40 series ? </div></div>

40x vs Remington 700

Same action and bolt the 40X rifles are built in the custom shop and they true the bolt face and front of the reciever.

they have a better 40x trigger in them as well

parts are 100% interchangable

So if you send a 40x in for a rebarrel would the action need to be re- trued ?

no, it wouldn't need to be re-trued. The 40x can be had in a single shot, while to my knowledge they have not made a 700 single shot. Also, IIRC they only make 40x in short action, yes even when they are chambered in .300 Win Mag!

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shootist68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Owned**

</div></div>
Are you saying you "owned" one? </div></div>

Read it now and it will make sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shakeyhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if rem is still making the 700mlr in 338 lapua </div></div>

Not sure how many of these Remington is turning out right now, since they raised the price over 43%. I checked with my dealer and he found 3 available, but his cost went from $940 to $1350 per rifle. I was going to get one (for the barrelled action) and use an AICS, but it's not that great of a deal now.

I can buy an action/ custom barrel/brake/trigger for the same $$, and don't have to get rid of the stock and bottom metal later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBore56</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shakeyhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if rem is still making the 700mlr in 338 lapua </div></div>

Not sure how many of these Remington is turning out right now, since they raised the price over 43%. I checked with my dealer and he found 3 available, but his cost went from $940 to $1350 per rifle. I was going to get one (for the barrelled action) and use an AICS, but it's not that great of a deal now.

I can buy an action/ custom barrel/brake/trigger for the same $$, and don't have to get rid of the stock and bottom metal later.</div></div>

They are now coming with Badger bottom metal and an AICS magazine, this is why the cost increase of roughly $400...

Dave