• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Trigger

Blackside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Good morning..I might have posted this in the wrong section earlier. I have a few questions about my remington x mark trigger. I have a stock rem 700 .308 20" sps,done a bit to it like an AICS,cerakote,etc..good shooter but trigger pull is a bit heavy.Is it best to try to adjust it? Or buy an upgrated trigger? Also would i have to mod my aics for the safety if i use a timney? and advise would help thanks

Re: Remington Trigger

My SPS has the adjustable trigger. It's ok, but its just a hog/fun gun (223). I would recommend an aftermarket trigger or find a old style Rem trigger.

Thanks guys..anyone know if or which trigger would i have to mod my AICS to fit correctly?

I have the newer X Mark pro adjustable trigger, and I agree it's a decent trigger but pull is a little stiff. I ordered a replacement trigger spring from erniethegunsmith.com, and it was a pretty simple and cheap upgrade. I'd recommend trying that before dropping 20x the cash on a new trigger assembly.

John

I put a Basics trigger in my AICS Remmy 700 and it works great, I went for the one with the safety fitted (just watch out there are loads wiv no safety!) it's a DIY fit and fits a treat! Just google them and see for yourself, I went with a fether light trigger breaking off at a massive 1.25 onz! I give mine a 10/10 and I'm fussy!

Thanks for the tip..was wondering if there were any mods that had to be done .thanks again