• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington VTR

broph650

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Twentynine Palms, CA
Question:
I am looking for a good sniper rifle. I know very little about them. My instructor said I should look at the VTR. Any thoughts. With the barrel slotting...wouldn't that give away your location when you fire?

Re: Remington VTR

no this is not a good rifle. there is alot better for only a little bit more money. like the 700 ltr and the 700 5r. the vtr is nice but its not very good for long distance.

Not sure how it would work for a sniper rifle, but there are better choices for a tactical rifle,

while your digging around why dont you fill out your profile

<span style="font-weight: bold">With the barrel slotting...wouldn't that give away your location when you fire? </span>

Make the first shot count and that flash will be his last memory.

I bought the .308 in jan not going to lie thought it looked cool and did not look up any reviews on it. after reading good and bad was worried i made a mistake but so far it has shot how i expected and is fun to shoot. It is 1.5" at 100yds 5 shot groups with 150 grn sst's that is the best i have done. I am just shooting targets and deer so that is good enough for now. For what you want i would go a different route.

That triangular barrel really can limit optoins if you ever want to add a can, brake, etc. There are better choices. Look at the LTR.

Remington SPS Tactical, inexpensive, light, accurate. I had one that from the factory would shoot .4" with Federal gold metal match 168gr.

Seen two different ones shoot, both were ammo sensitive. One shot 150gr SST bullets very well. The other shot well with the 168gr TAP ammo. The SST gun not bedded not free floated, the TAP gun bedded and free floated. Both shot 1/2" groups at 100 yards. Both were very loud when shot, considering they have a bulit in muzzle brake. Great build up guns for later.

It is a good deer rifle. Lets leave it at that.