• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington XM2010

charles63

Retired Army
Minuteman
May 31, 2014
Erwin, NC
Does anyone have any dealings with the Remington XM2010 .300 Win Mag barreled action? I got one a couple years ago and have it in a RACS, I've only got less than 100 rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match 190gr through the barrel. My groups on average are around 1.5 inch. Very disappointed in this paper weight.

At that price point it should shoot much better. Have you asked another qualified shooter to try it?

Not that I have a full blown XM2010, but I can tell you that my R 700 Police did less than wonderous results with the 190 grain SMK.
Give the 212 grain ELD-X a try. The best group I have printed was well below 0,5 MOA, average around 0,75 MOA.

I'd try some hornady 200 grain eld-x or maybe some 210 smk's. Those worked really well in my gen 2 5r. I couldnt get anything from 170-200 to stabilize well even though it was a 1/10. 168 vld hybrids were awesome too.

I'm loading some 220gr SMK .020 off the lands and trashing the junk trigger that came with it
Good idea. Any idea what trigger you'll try? I like my calvin elite, single stage with flat shoe. Im always looking to see what my peers like, future inspiration if you will.

Good idea. Any idea what trigger you'll try? I like my calvin elite, single stage with flat shoe. Im always looking to see what my peers like, future inspiration if you will.
I have Jewel and Calvin Elite and leaning towards another Calvin Elite

That calvin could really help. I'm tempted to sell a kidney or my left nut to buy the components to build a 2010. Looks like I'll need to hold on to my trigger lol.
The RACS chassis is awesome, the barrel action however is no better than my old .300 PSD

I’ve got a REMINGTON Sendero chambered in 300 WM circa 2003 that shoots really well. Shooting 180 gr Nosler E-Tips w/ 78 gr of Ramshot it prints 1/2 - 3/4” groups at 100.

I agree that your XM2010 should perform much better. If I were you it would be on the next plane back to REMINGTON. I’d demand that they fix it or send my money back. That’s horseshit & it’s also the reason Remington .has such a shit rep these days.

It’s not that a 700 can’t or won’t shoot either. I’ve got a custom 700 that shoots well enough that I don’t blame my gun for my misses; it’s the dummy behind the trigger that screwed up the shot.

You could always offload that XM2010 & give Mike R a call at TacOps. That’s where I place my efforts.

There's nothing special about them other than the price. The only 'innovative' thing was the chassis, which has also been proven to be nothing special and 3 times the price of what it should be.

There's nothing special about them other than the price. The only 'innovative' thing was the chassis, which has also been proven to be nothing special and 3 times the price of what it should be.
I like the chassis, no problem with it, the barreled action on the other hand was just a plain old Rem 700 with lip stick on

Yes looking back, should have went with another Surgeon. You know what they said, live and learn

Charles, is it a true m24 action that was barreled as a 300 winmag or just a standard 300 winmag that you through in the chassis? I'm just trying to trouble shoot for you. Also, make sure all the rails are torqued to spec. When seating the action I always recommend making sure the recoil lug is seated to the rear of the chassis.

Charles, is it a true m24 action that was barreled as a 300 winmag or just a standard 300 winmag that you through in the chassis? I'm just trying to trouble shoot for you. Also, make sure all the rails are torqued to spec. When seating the action I always recommend making sure the recoil lug is seated to the rear of the chassis.

you're probably right about pig with lipstick. Either send it back and tell them it doesn't shoot, or get a new barrel on it.

Update, finally got the new trigger in (Calvin Elite), made sure the action was torqued correctly, shot some hand loads (220g SMK) made a world of difference, then tried some ABM ammo with 230g Bergers, also killed two birds with one stone, played with the Lab Radar some more, average MV for 5 shots was 2813 fps, compared to the Magneto Speed with an average of 2810 fps for 5 shots, no issues with the Radar picking up these shots suppressed, the 10 shot group was around an inch at 100 m, could not get it to pick up shots suppressed with 5.56 mm.

The RACS chassis is awesome, the barrel action however is no better than my old .300 PSD

That has been what I have gotten from my mil clients in the field. Even worse experience with the MSR. The barreled receiver, however, is assembled not by Remington, so I was hoping for better than a standard R-700 barreled action, but I have yet to hear of someone tell of that experience.

I would at least give the M248 Mod1 190gr Black Hills a try before giving up.

Reactions: charles63
The actual Army XM2010's will shoot .5moa with the ridiculously over-pressured A191 190SMK. Going around 3100fps these days at 8-10K DA.

I agree that rifle is under-developed and over-sold. It is capable but heavy, bulky and overly "styled" chassis, poorly designed AAC brake attached suppressor, shooting 1960's-technology belted, over-bore, under-performing cartridge. They were just a one-time purchase to convert old M24's to 300WM bc Big Army was 300-jelly and SOF needed a temporary stand-in until the PSR -> ASR was developed and delivered. That is was paid for by Army $'s and not SOF $'s didn't hurt either.

I don't know why any civilian with good money would buy one or build a mock-up but different folks... different strokes...

Our 3 shoot under 1moa regularly but .5 has been rare. We don’t get to shoot them that much either.

Where are you getting 3100 FPS from? In 4500DA 105* Temp we have 2950fps un superseded and 2975 supresssed with data to 1000M. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers but I know for sure it’s not over 3k

I do wish we would gotten AI with direct thread one instead. A brand new AAC broke on day 1

Our 3 shoot under 1moa regularly but .5 has been rare. We don’t get to shoot them that much either.

Where are you getting 3100 FPS from? In 4500DA 105* Temp we have 2950fps un superseded and 2975 supresssed with data to 1000M. Don’t quote me on the exact numbers but I know for sure it’s not over 3k

I do wish we would gotten AI with direct thread one instead. A brand new AAC broke on day 1
I have a Surefire Can, I also I have a couple AAC's, my next one is going to be a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 direct thread

I've used them a lot in the mil. They can be temperamental. Overall, they're great. Changing lots of ammo usually fixed things. There was occassionaly one, that just sucked.